Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
After not quite getting the first few levels I'm loving this game now. Some really nice locations, puzzles and best of all bosses.

Story is pretty good once you get going and there are some nice powerups to keep you going. Looks like it could be a decent length game too, with each chapter containing loads of smaller levels. Cutscenes are very very nice.

Only niggle is the fkn camera. Because you cannot move it it sometimes positions itself so you cannot see what you are attacking (usually the bottom of the screen) and because its location driven it refuses to move around.

Agree with all of that. Again.

:-D

Only niggle is the fkn camera. Because you cannot move it it sometimes positions itself so you cannot see what you are attacking (usually the bottom of the screen) and because its location driven it refuses to move around.

The only flaw I can see so far. It's not that bad but on certain occasions it can be horrendous like in the fight with the second Titan when it fires flaming rocks at you.

The only flaw I can see so far. It's not that bad but on certain occasions it can be horrendous like in the fight with the second Titan when it fires flaming rocks at you.

I’m not up to that yet, but there’s been a few niggly bits where the camera angle has frustrated me a bit. Nowt game-breakingly bad mind, like I say just niggly….

Some nice locations, and even this early in there’s a decent variety of enemies. Canny game. Nowt amazing but canny enough so far.

I can see that returning to levels when you get power-ups could become annoying mind.

I can see that returning to levels when you get power-ups could become annoying mind.

It's no bother at all. You can acquire the new skill and then quit out and you still have it. You need to go back anyway to bump your experience counter up.

So far this is my game of the year. I think it's bloody amazing; innovative combat, mind-blowing locations, excellent character design and great voice acting.

It's no bother at all. You can acquire the new skill and then quit out and you still have it. You need to go back anyway to bump your experience counter up.

So far this is my game of the year. I think it's bloody amazing; innovative combat, mind-blowing locations, excellent character design and great voice acting.

Least all the levels are short I suppose. I'm quite enjoying it but it hasn't really grabbed me yet, dunno why.....

worth a buy then?

im trying to complete what i have at the moment...being Dead rising2 and Fifa 11/F1 2010.

Worth the pennies?

worth a buy then?

im trying to complete what i have at the moment...being Dead rising2 and Fifa 11/F1 2010.

Worth the pennies?

I'd say so, gets better the more you get into it. First couple of levels are a bit ho hum press forward and mash a few buttons but once you get into the story its pretty good.

Has a real epic feeling to it and the ending is pretty good (tho not as long as I thought it would be from some comments on here). Takes a good while to blast all the way through it anarl.

Didn't bother going back through the levels, there is absolutely no need. I collected loads of the stuff whilst just going through it and had more than enough to beat it (on normal level mind).

It's not groundbreakingly brilliant by any means. Nothing more than a button masher. But the story is pretty cool and the locations, bosses and cutscenes are mint.

The next one looks like it could be pretty cool, tho can't say much as it will spoil the ending.

Halfway through now (well I assume so since I have just swapped discs) and it's canny, but thats about it. Hasn't really grabbed me and if I'm honest I think I preferred Darksiders.

Don't get me wrong mind it's still a decent enough game. Personally I'd recommend waiting a bit as there's no multiplayer and with all the big games looming over the next few weeks I can see it coming down in price and also being available second hand for a few quid cheaper.

Halfway through now (well I assume so since I have just swapped discs) and it's canny, but thats about it. Hasn't really grabbed me and if I'm honest I think I preferred Darksiders.

Don't get me wrong mind it's still a decent enough game. Personally I'd recommend waiting a bit as there's no multiplayer and with all the big games looming over the next few weeks I can see it coming down in price and also being available second hand for a few quid cheaper.

We all know you have nee taste in games though mate. ;)

My mate did recomend it to me and I had it in my hand at one point but I don't really ahve that much time to play at the moment with the missus having moved over here and the like.

Two things that have pissed me off in the castle level - having to punch switches on floors with no explanation on how to do it and having to dash around the blocks in the green lens puzzle. I had to look online to get answrs for them (which I hate doing), even the hint scroll (which lost me 900 exp points) was vague and no help whatsoever. Infuriating.

Two things that have pissed me off in the castle level - having to punch switches on floors with no explanation on how to do it and having to dash around the blocks in the green lens puzzle. I had to look online to get answrs for them (which I hate doing), even the hint scroll (which lost me 900 exp points) was vague and no help whatsoever. Infuriating.

Used the hint scroll for the one and only time so far in the electricity room, and still couldnt suss it out so just fannied on for 10 minutes til i got it.

Music box was most frustrating part of game for me so far, not working it out, just timing my runs on the electric bits.

Now on the level with the giant titan corpses and struggling with where to go next, not a great level, this game would have been so much better with a controllable camera.....

Used the hint scroll for the one and only time so far in the electricity room, and still couldnt suss it out so just fannied on for 10 minutes til i got it.

Music box was most frustrating part of game for me so far, not working it out, just timing my runs on the electric bits.

Now on the level with the giant titan corpses and struggling with where to go next, not a great level, this game would have been so much better with a controllable camera.....

Aye the puzzlebox was annoying, easy to suss but that electricity part was just mainly a run and hope.

Didn't use any help scrolls for any of it, tho I did have to look online as I couldn't remember how to do that dash move :oops: Had what to do sussed but I was just double tapping for him to sprint as I thought that was "dash" :lol:

That Titan Graveyard level is a bit shit as you cannot see where you are meant to jump on at least 1 part of it due to the crap camera and if you fall in the drink you are fucked as there isn't many places you can actually climb out.

Finished it last night. Great looking locations and some really enjoyable levels, but also some not so good ones. Sadly the overall gameplay (controls, camera angle mainly) let it down in the end and stopped it from being a classic for me.

Final boss fight was one of the easiest of the game anarl, spam the best Light Magic attack and he was no challenge at all, disappointing as some of the previous bosses were harder.

Srange ending but no spoilers off me.

I'll stick by my earlier comment that Darksiders was better.

I reckon I've sussed the ending, not sure, but if it's what I think it is it's about as subtle as a herd of rampaging rhinoceros.

I'm still playing it now, on hard difficulty, trying to get all the trials done as well. I f***ing love it and think it is an immense game that will be overlooked by most, which is a crying shame. Some annoying elements have popped up near the end though. Like the fight in Laura's bedroom with the Evil Toys; I never use the 'grab finish' moves as I like to build up health with Light Magic when the enemy is stunned, went through about 13 of them before realising I needed to use the finisher. That was annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back