Carl Winchester

Who will he replace ? Power Leadbitter Scowen ???

Dobson been told he can leave apparently so maybe him?

Though to be fair the lad might come in and instantly become our best midfielder, so no idea. I think Power has stagnated massively because there's never really been any pressure on him to keep his place in the side.

Doesn't suggest much of a change in approach, don't know much about him as an individual, but it's another player who doesn't look to have much potential to grow with the club. One that will likely leave on a free after a couple of years.
I get the impression he’s cover/competition for Leadbitter. Truth is it’s a role that we are very exposed on. We only have Grant who can do that at present. I can make my peace with the odd older players signing. All depends on how he fits in with the plan.

I get the impression he’s cover/competition for Leadbitter. Truth is it’s a role that we are very exposed on. We only have Grant who can do that at present. I can make my peace with the odd older players signing. All depends on how he fits in with the plan.
I can make my peace with an odd older signing, but it's been pretty much everyone we have made. Not sure we should be signing this kind of player as cover really.

Can’t say I’m expecting much from someone turning 28 in a couple of months time with 1 cap for Northern Ireland and has played the last five years in League Two. Can only be pleasantly surprised by him as I’m expecting him to not be better than what we already have.

None of us have heard of him, he's playing in the league below and isn't going to whelm anyone. However, you never know, he might just turn out to be a hidden gem. Good luck to the lad and let's hope he can make a difference

This just be a continuation of the Stuart Donald transfer picy of signing free lower league players and hoping for the best. So far out of those that we've signed, to a man they have been poor.

Grigg, Power, O’Brien, Connor McLaughlin, Bailey Wright, Danny Graham... all spring to mind as signings from the Championship or as a free where their last club was a Championship club.

Not a criticism that can be levelled at him. By all means criticise the fact they’ve mostly been shite :lol:

Back