Cardiff Soul Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definitely used to sing Geordies here , Geordies there , Geordies every f***ing where...

Mainly at away matches mid 70's onwards.

Completely and undeniably 100% correct.[DOUBLEPOST=1388157034][/DOUBLEPOST]
The mackem thing only really came into the crowds chants as I moved South in 1985. There was much chanting of Geordies from SAFC fans in my years of attending just about all home games and many away games between 1974/5 Season and 84/5 season.

100% correct.

Not being funny - but to Boro fans , both yourselves and Newcastle fans were known as Geordies.
And....you do all talk the same :p

I was a Geordie then and i'm still one of the Geordies now.
You won't offend me, i know exactly what happened in those days. History can't be re-written.

Rich wanker :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1388157309][/DOUBLEPOST]

Fuck off :lol:

Ya heard the mags chanting "toon" !?(cringe)

Can remember being on a Middlesbrough to Newcastle train , and kids getting on and asking the "conductor" for "half to toon" , and finding it really amusing.

They've had bother with everyone.
Their battle with Man Utd around Ninian Park early 70's was the blueprint for every full scale riot since. They also crushed Millwall into a fine powder one time.

Strangely they did meet their match one day, against Sunderland at Cardiff. Around 15,000 Geordies, Yackers, Vauxies and Townies were in absolutely no mood to be f**ked around.
They were lucky their ground was a crumbling ruin and they could throw bits of it at us.[DOUBLEPOST=1388160488][/DOUBLEPOST]
The majority were mackems mate not geordies.[DOUBLEPOST=1388154720][/DOUBLEPOST]

They said Chelsea did, they couldn't do anything with them as they took around 10k nutters to Ninian.
Fair one marra but it depends who you ask cos my uncle went to roker from the 50s and he and his mates repeatedly says they never heard Geordie chants unless "it was about those bastards up the road". He reckons our fans were known as Mackems before the time you are on about. I've got no idea cos I did t go til the 80s.

That's just a load of shite I'm afraid.

Geordies was sung loud and proud at the 1973 cup final. There was certainly no chant of 'mackems'. I attended almost every home game from 1978 onwards and had never heard the word 'mackem' chanted or referred to in the ground until the mid 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back