Cardiff Soul Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

They've had bother with everyone.
Their battle with Man Utd around Ninian Park early 70's was the blueprint for every full scale riot since. They also crushed Millwall into a fine powder one time.

Strangely they did meet their match one day, against Sunderland at Cardiff. Around 15,000 Geordies, Yackers, Vauxies and Townies were in absolutely no mood to be f**ked around.

The majority were mackems mate not geordies.[DOUBLEPOST=1388154720][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pretty sure Boro was one of the few crews to turn them over on the own patch sometime in the 90's

They said Chelsea did, they couldn't do anything with them as they took around 10k nutters to Ninian.

They came out of the South Stand fists flying last time they were up here (night game), didn't care who they hit. Sunderland's young uns (and they were just teenagers) just stood their ground and the Cardiff lads didn't know what to do

Pretty sure Boro was one of the few crews to turn them over on the own patch sometime in the 90's
Yeah , it was an FA Cup 3rd round tie in January 1994 (2-2 draw).
There was a lot of trouble before , during and after.
Honours pretty even by what i saw (and heard).

The majority were mackems mate not geordies.

Were you there? I was.
There was multiple buses from Gateshead and all along the Tyne, right the way down to Hebburn, Jarrow and Shields who had a f**king enormous mob out.
There was Yacker buses from every pit village and town in County Durham.

I don't know how old you are but i suspect you'll never be part of a f**king mob like that and you'll never f**king see a mob like that, ever!!;)

Boro were in a pub in the city centre and Cardiff attacked that pub , but there was another pub just down the road which had Boros lads in as well , Cardiff got sandwiched between a couple of hundred of Boros best and came out of it badly

Were you there? I was.
There was multiple buses from Gateshead and all along the Tyne, right the way down to Hebburn, Jarrow and Shields who had a f**king enormous mob out.

I don't know how old you are but i suspect you'll never be part of a f**king mob like that and you'll never f**king see a mob like that, ever!!;)

Yes but the Gateshead lot etc. were in the minority, the majority were mackems. You failed to mention mackems.

Were you there? I was.

Steady on mate, you'll offend some of the little angels on here with that kind of talk.:lol:;)

Yes but the Gateshead lot etc. were in the minority, the majority were mackems. You failed to mention mackems.

I didn't fail to mention them, I clearly said Vauxies and Townies as well. Respect to both for playing their part.
There was no such thing as Mackems in those days. The word hadn't been invented.

I didn't fail to mention them, I clearly said Vauxies and Townies as well. Respect to both for playing their part.
There was no such thing as Mackems in those days. The word hadn't been invented.

Yes there was. We've had this argument before so no point in going over old ground but there was and all the mackems that I know who have been attending Roker since the 60's never classed themselves as geordies...ever.

My Grandad who was going since the 30's may however think differently.

Yes there was. We've had this argument before so no point in going over old ground but there was and all the mackems that I know who have been attending Roker since the 60's never classed themselves as geordies...ever.

My Grandad who was going since the 30's may however think differently.

Then they would've been either Townies or Vauxies, as i said.
There was no such thing as mackems in those days. I don't need to ask anyone, I know the history of Sunderland Football Club and I know the history of this particular day in Cardiff.

Then they would've been either Townies or Vauxies, as i said.
There was no such thing as mackems in those days. I don't need to ask anyone, I know the history of Sunderland Football Club and I know the history of this particular day in Cardiff.

Fair one marra but it depends who you ask cos my uncle went to roker from the 50s and he and his mates repeatedly says they never heard Geordie chants unless "it was about those bastards up the road". He reckons our fans were known as Mackems before the time you are on about. I've got no idea cos I did t go til the 80s.

Once spent a night in the company of Annis Abraham the so called leader of their group whilst on the piss in Prague.
Bearing in mind I can't stand so called football hooligans, I found him to be decent crack and nothing like the massive bell end I thought he would be.

Fair one marra but it depends who you ask cos my uncle went to roker from the 50s and he and his mates repeatedly says they never heard Geordie chants unless "it was about those bastards up the road". He reckons our fans were known as Mackems before the time you are on about. I've got no idea cos I did t go til the 80s.

It's old ground but i can absolutely guarantee 100% that the term mackem wasn't used in the 70's in any shape or form.
The only debatable bit is when newcastle fans first started to use it. Some say early to mid 80's and others slightly later. It didn't become more widespread till the 90's though.

Anyone who says "Geordie" songs weren't sung by the majority each and every week clearly either weren't there or are too ashamed to admit it.
There's no big issue for me but people can't re-write history.

Definitely used to sing Geordies here , Geordies there , Geordies every f***ing where...

Mainly at away matches mid 70's onwards.

they have a rep like and have caused bother up here however the 2 times Ive been down there no bother at all - walked to ground from city centre and after game

The mackem thing only really came into the crowds chants as I moved South in 1985. There was much chanting of Geordies from SAFC fans in my years of attending just about all home games and many away games between 1974/5 Season and 84/5 season.

Once spent a night in the company of Annis Abraham the so called leader of their group whilst on the piss in Prague.
Bearing in mind I can't stand so called football hooligans, I found him to be decent crack and nothing like the massive bell end I thought he would be.
Hope he bought the drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back