Cardiff Soul Crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I live in ne38 now mate and its still sunderland. It was more what our fans are labelled as a collective group tbh, which would really still be mackem/wearsider or even county durhamer at a push. If you took away the washington 37, 38 and south tynseide 32,33 iirc, then ne1-ne30 safc match going fans would be alot less than a third.

Like I say, I've moved to washington and my "townie" mates now call me a geordie and someone from Newcastle would still call me a mackem. Its all a load of nothing anyway, but coming on here and trying to ram the geordie stuff down wearsiders/mackems throats over and over again mate, is not entirely true according to a few of the older sunderland born and bred fans I've spoke to mate.

Like me, there are stilll a good number from Northumberland with NE postcodes.

Like me, there are stilll a good number from Northumberland with NE postcodes.
Fair play mate, I have no issue with where anyone comes from when it comes to safc fans. Still reckon there is knowhere near 12-13k season card holders from ne1-30. Possibly half that amount at a push. Will be a plenty from washington, sheilds, hebburn and jarrow that would push it up to that figure.

Can anyone remember the few who used to come up and stand in the Clock Stand at Roker (mates with Seaburn lads I presume), mid 90s? One was massive and had a big Welsh dragon tattooed on his baldy napper.

Fair play mate, I have no issue with where anyone comes from when it comes to safc fans. Still reckon there is knowhere near 12-13k season card holders from ne1-30. Possibly half that amount at a push. Will be a plenty from washington, sheilds, hebburn and jarrow that would push it up to that figure.

Why would you stop at NE30 though? There's other NE's right on the banks of the tyne.

Once spent a night in the company of Annis Abraham the so called leader of their group whilst on the piss in Prague.
Bearing in mind I can't stand so called football hooligans, I found him to be decent crack and nothing like the massive bell end I thought he would be.
Glad your not going over old ground , but your wrong

South Tyneside is a made up council from when Tyne & Wear was invented.

All of the Land South of the Tyne was County Durham a major Sunderland Stronghold.

The AOL Has a Sunderland Postcode and I am 100% sure of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1388189415][/DOUBLEPOST]

So because a few hundred people from Hendon and Southwick sang "Geordies here Geordies there" you assume the total population of the said places considered themselves as Geordies?

I think not.
All of Co. Durham has never been a Sunderland stronghold NW Durham has always been mainly mag and North of the Tees has always been mainly Boro. Distance and transport will be the main factors on support not county boundaries.

As does Houghton and Shiney raa (I think).
Aye, think it's from when Sunderland was given 'city status' & the boundary of Sunderland was expanded into NE & DH postcodes (probs should have just made these in to SR postcodes at the time).

I was mainly brought up in a Durham postcode but still see myself a Mackem[DOUBLEPOST=1388223675][/DOUBLEPOST]
Tbf mate, unless I came on here I would never of known we had as many geordie fans as we do and I'm 33, so hardly a bairn. Times have moved on and I mentioned this to a lad at work in his early 20's from sunderland and he didn't believe me that we had a decent number of geordie fans. Likewise, talking to a mag from prudhoe on a building site and we were having a bit banter and I started taking the piss out of him being in his own nation. When I said, you do realise not all geordies support nufc and some actually support us, he burst out laughing and thought I was stupid. He then went on to tell every other geordie on the site and not one thought a geordie could support us, well mot a proper one anyway. Like I say, times have changed massively and it is how it is.
I've had similar experience, they seem to be even more oblivious to it than Sunderland supporters........... they just divvent undastaand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back