Car wont start advice

put a multimeter across the battery to check the voltage. should be at least 12.5 up to around 12.9.
low batteries give out any amount of warnings on modern cars.
do the headlights come on and are bright with the ignition on and other things work like the heater?

Thanks all - I'm going to try and get a trickle charger and if that doesnt work will need to shell out for AA or RAC or a local roadside tow recovery type service. P@ssed off with the dealership mind at Toyota Belmont

It complains about the parking brake system but googling seems to mean its normally linked to battery being drained.

Cheers - will see what it looks like after trickle charge then see if I need to shell out for AA
I know a recovery lad . Reliable
Probably about £80 local

I’d def try charging it more.
In our old PHEV if the normal battery was low it’d come back with similar errors and not start.
AA came and said battery needed replacing, at a ridiculous price. Got it charged and started and then checked out at dealers who said there were no errors and everything was fine.
Turned out the Mrs had ran the battery down by leaving things plugged in and charging. Never had another problem after that.
I love the way blokes always blame their lass whenever anything on the car goes wrong.

If you’re paying for recovery then you might as well go for 12 months of breakdown cover. There might be a period when you can’t claim but ultimately the car will be covered for 12 months rather than a one off.

If you’re paying for recovery then you might as well go for 12 months of breakdown cover. There might be a period when you can’t claim but ultimately the car will be covered for 12 months rather than a one off.
RAC will charge a decent amount for a call out with a problem that already existed prior to policy start. Easier (and prob cheaper) getting one-off recovery and cover for when the car comes back

Thanks for all your advice and I've noted the recovery number @JAZZMANB thanks! After sticking it on a battery charger for 5 hours it started first time so just got back from a half an hour blast up the motorway etc.

Thanks for all your advice and I've noted the recovery number @JAZZMANB thanks! After sticking it on a battery charger for 5 hours it started first time so just got back from a half an hour blast up the motorway etc.
excellent. i'd still take it in to them in case it's got something wrong that's draining the battery. i'm only saying as the mrs had a similar situation and it ended up being the alternator that was goosed.
was there any warnings left on when you had it for a run?

Back