Car wash snow foam/Karcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

I use Bilt Hamber stuff, snowfoam, claybar, shampoo, wax etc and am happy with it. Tbh I find washing the car a bit therapeutic 😲, never thought that would be the case

Reactions: PTR
I've used one, did it all properly and didn't see that it made a lot of difference? any hints or tips gents?

I used the autoglym polar blast...proper lance etc through Karcher...

Was gutted when I bought me Karcher, washed the car and realised I still needed to hand wash the fucker. Just take it to a car wash now.

Do the full shebang once (snow foam, tar remover, traffic film remover, 2 bucket hand wash, wheel cleaner, clay bar). Then give it a full polish and wax and then you could in theory make some future washes a little less stressful for a few month with a good jet wash every week. Then repeat in every 3-6 months.

Alternatively get it detailed and ceramic coated professionally and washing is a lot more straight forward for a lot longer.

I guess it depends on the car

Was gutted when I bought me Karcher, washed the car and realised I still needed to hand wash the fucker. Just take it to a car wash now.
Aye, you can only snow foam and rince with a pressure washer. You still need to apply the shampoo by hand.
I use Bilt Hamber stuff, snowfoam, claybar, shampoo, wax etc and am happy with it. Tbh I find washing the car a bit therapeutic 😲, never thought that would be the case
Never tried claybar ever. Might give it a try when I do the stone chip touch ins once the weather gets a bit better.

Their wheel cleaner is ace too.

Never tried claybar ever. Might give it a try when I do the stone chip touch ins once the weather gets a bit better.

Watch a few vids on YouTube as I understand you can do damage if you use it Wong. Plus you can get different hardnesses to accommodate the temperature you use it in.

Watch a few vids on YouTube as I understand you can do damage if you use it Wong. Plus you can get different hardnesses to accommodate the temperature you use it in.
@PTR Bilt hamber do the best clay bars too (go for medium) and you only have to lubricate with water which prevents sticking and damage.

Surely there's not much grit once you've snow foamed the car, especially with the 2 bucket method?
Suppose it depends how dirty it is to start with. Snow foam is used to loosen and get the larger debris off.
The grit guards are to help catch and keep the debris at the bottom of the bucket. I usually have a fair bit of debris at the bottom of the rinse bucket once I've finished washing.

If your interested the forensic detailing channel on youtube has plenty of info about it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back