Car wash snow foam/Karcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been using the autobrite stuff for a while too, with a proper lance.

Leave it for a bit and then a quick wash round and it comes up class.

Bought the autoglym polar blast one when I was short and it was terrible, had to bin it. Basically shifted nowt compared to the autobrite one.

Last edited:
Balls, looks like I'll have to go and get a Mitt today.

Sounding like hard work this now, thought it was going to be easy, Spray on spray off cup of tea and feet up.

Ah right, so do you spray the foam on and then hand wash?

I thought you just sprayed it on left or then rinsed it off.

That’s why I asked.
It loosens the dirt so you’ve less of a chance to scratch paintwork.

If you see some on the anal boys they have about a 7 step process to get to hand washing. 😂

Depends what you want to do. Thee are easy ways of getting a good shine (sprints from autobrite) but as for washing there is no quick way.
Bucket and sponge.

Been using the autobrite stuff for a while too, with a proper lance.

Leave it for a bit and then a quick wash round and it comes up class.

Bought the autoglym polar blast one when I was short and it was terrible, had to bin it. Basically shifted nowt compared to the autobrite one.

see my previous post re Polar Blast , I’m not really impressed either to be fair , that’s why I said I’ll try something else.

im surprised because I really like their range of products.

Right just been and bought 2 buckets microfiber wash mitt, micro fibre drying towel, and some AA wash and wax to wash it with (just so I can do it today and ride me over till I get some other stuff ordered)

Right just been and bought 2 buckets microfiber wash mitt, micro fibre drying towel, and some AA wash and wax to wash it with (just so I can do it today and ride me over till I get some other stuff ordered)
Hope you got grit guards for both buckets.😅

Reactions: Gaz
No, ffs what's a grit guard!?
Well keeps the grit at the bottom of the bucket or something.
You need a wool mitt too apparently.
And a clay bar. And a fallout remover. And a tar remover.
Then you can wash again it properly before polish and wax.

Head gets battered reading about detailing so I don't bother.

No, ffs what's a grit guard!?

do you ever wish you’d never asked :lol:

if you are thinking of autobrite stuff, they have a sale at Easter and its loads cheaper

Last edited:
Just don’t make the mistake of using snow foam then just spraying it off , the car will still need going over with a wash mitt and bucket of water.

Autoglym Polar blast ive been using but when that runs out I’ll try a different one.

Once my car has been done properly (clay, polish, wax, sealant) I only use auto foam in the garden sprayers and then blast off with the jet wash. I don't touch the paint work at all. I have a water butt set up so I use rain water to rinse it so I don't get water marks when it dries. I do it every week like and don't do many miles. That said, I haven't done mine since we moved out of our old house in August last year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back