Canada

They do great cheesey chips and have a posh name for them.

Pouttine, very nice too.

And Molson Canadia is Damn fine lager, too. And so is Labatts Blue.
Poutine.

It’s cheese curds, chips, and gravey. It’s their national dish, my wife used to live there for a few years when we were younger. We served that as the evening food at our wedding.
Beat me to it 😄

US now up 5-0, Pulisic hat trick on two penalties and a piece of brilliance.

And though I'm a Yank, well chuffed for Canada. Lived in Calgary for three years, my oldest son was born there, and still live close enough to the border I have season tickets in Vancouver. Six years ago today was there when Canada got played off the park by Mexico, lost 3-0 in Vancouver. Their rise has been phenomenal.

And though I'm a Yank, well chuffed for Canada. Lived in Calgary for three years, my oldest son was born there, and still live close enough to the border I have season tickets in Vancouver. Six years ago today was there when Canada got played off the park by Mexico, lost 3-0 in Vancouver. Their rise has been phenomenal.
Is it just a good bunch of players all coming through at the right time, or have they made serious investments in the academies?

Is it just a good bunch of players all coming through at the right time, or have they made serious investments in the academies?
I'm not that close to it, but its now a bit over a decade since the three teams came into MLS, and those teams and their academies have had some impact, and there's now a domestic league that might help in the long run (although the quality of it right now is AWFUL). Herdman deserves some credit, and they've also cleaned up the top-level administration, which used to be a mess and held them back for long time.

Pulisic's third - the touch through his own legs, the turn, then through the legs of the defender before the finish. NOT BAD.

Your Sunderland Canuck checking in.

Absolutely spanked them. We play great attaching football and will shock a few people with the standard.

Some great young players Buchanan, Alfonzo Davies, Jonathon David, Kyle larin.

If you look at my old Post history we all knew Fonzo would make it at 15 in the Vancouver area.

Sold to Bayern for 20 mil. Would be starting but out due to a covid/heart issue.

John Herdman became also the first manager to reach both the male and female world cups.

Last edited:
I have memories of their badge looking mint on the shiny football stickers in 86 but I couldn't tell you who they played, or name a single player in that squad.

Edit: Greg Ion sounds like someone from a science fiction film.

Last edited:

Could he be a future Sunderland manager? What was his track record for us? Love to hear some in sight….
It is more than 20 years since Herdman, born in Consett in County Durham, left his job at Sunderland's academy to take over the New Zealand women's team.

Last edited:

Back