Can we also please invest in the Best Coach Available

You're like a malfunctioning robot at this stage with the Steve Cooper suggestion.

Every single thread about 20 times a week.

Leaving that aside, why would Cooper come here in any case? He'll be in contention for lower level PL jobs, and we'll be a side who are definitely going to lose their best player (Clarke) and if we are honest will struggle to hold on to 2 others (Ballard and Neil) in the summer window.

There's a difference between having a go at the club for not being ambitious, and realistic.

Also, how do you know that the club didn't engage with Cooper or his representatives and weren't rejected?

We can't force players or managers to join the club against their will.
Cooper will be too busy testing out new wind tunnels for his face to cope with.

“Misguided expectation”….. do you know your right, after 62 years I shouldn’t have any expectation…. Just blind hope and heart ruling the head, we sadly remain a basket case of a club! Not a tantrum though trust me just expressing an opinion, strange when people express an opinion that’s not in agreement with others it’s a tantrum!

We won’t be hiring Cooper, so I don’t see the point in asking that question. You’re having a tantrum based entirely on your own misguided expectation.

Cooper will have better offers, and we wouldn’t pay enough even if he’d consider it.

I don’t think many are “desperate” for him. I think it’s more a case that it looks like he might be the one we are after and it’s an interesting appointment rather than a boring one.

Mowbray (at odds with his age and demeanor) was a very progressive coach in terms of how he had us playing and I think that’s what most people are hoping for,
Misguided expectation”….. do you know your right, after 62 years I shouldn’t have any expectation…. Just blind hope and heart ruling the head, we sadly remain a basket case of a club! Not a tantrum though trust me just expressing an opinion, strange when people express an opinion that’s not in agreement with others it’s a tantrum!

At least the Dodgeball training has worked these last 7 games!!
The boad will be pinning their hopes on Will Still for peanuts with no backroom staff. Once he laughs in Speakman's face because he has better offers elsewhere, it'll be another low key, out of work failure on the cheap.

Dodds and Proc will still be coaching their high performance techniques to the lads in the form of running through tyres, bleep tests, and dodgeball!

If our target is available now, get him in now.
If he is only available in Summer, get him (or her) in ASAP

And... he should bring his own team in. He shouldn't be encumbered with Dodds et al.

My opinion is that we need a 'foreign' coach. All the top Premier League teams have one, down to West Ham (can't even sy his name) and West Ham might be higher with a better coach.

I also find it surprising that we haven't been linked with more French or Swiss coaches, given KLD Nationality and history. (even though his English is very good)

I've nothing against the Steve Cooper British type and I'm sure he has the credentials etc but we should be looking further afield. An up and coming European.

Will Still my choice 😎

It is when we're probably offering peanuts and telling a head coach he'll have to work with the coaches already here. Anyone worth their salt will tell him to take a run and jump.

With the Beale farce, and how controlling Speakman seems, I think we'll struggle to bring anyone of any real quality in.
We've struggled to bring in the calibre of manager we want since the "takeover" only ones which done OK are ones who applied for the job!
I’m hoping something has already been agreed, there isn’t even whispers in the media as to who we want, other than those wanting the job.
You'd announce something before St renewals, not the joke announcement we got today. Many just want an excuse to renew but they're making it hard for us currently

Last edited:
Nice to have improvements to the stadium but as an owner of a club he should be keeping the stadium decent the same way a landlord of a house has to keep the house decent for the tenants. Nice news and i will renew don’t get me wrong but I’ll not get too excited until i hear who the new manager is and transfer plans. Some faster internet won’t make up for another season of hemir up front

Will Still seems a risky appointment to me. I'm not entirely against a foreigner but they thought Beale was a good idea, what's the chances that they've identified a good one?
He’s a huge risk imo

Less than two seasons experience managing at any decent level. We’ll have a novice owner, a novice manager in charge of a group of bairns overseen by the footballing guru that has delivered the likes of Burstow and Hemir …..what could possibly go wrong?

Great to hear the ownership is investing in improving the stadium (long overdue) let’s hope it also takes into account supporters views in regards to the facilities inside the ground.

The past few months have now surely taught KLD & KS that we need the very best Coach out there to maximise our chances of returning to the PL at the earliest.

Steve Cooper for me is by far the best man available, make him an offer that will get him here, get him in now is surely the most sensible thing to. We deserve some ambition and a statement of intent, it will give the club and all of us a lift, which is badly needed.
cooper isnt available..he is on huge wages now and has rejected jobs for that reason..
he aint coming to SAFC.
I accept that mate, but the owner surely needs to appoint the best available or at the very least try.
how do you know he hasnt tried?
He pmay have enequited and been told Coopers current salary and thats the end of it..cps cooper aint giving up what he has now to work for SAFC

Last edited:
cooper isnt available..he is on huge wages now and has rejected jobs for that reason..
he aint coming to SAFC.

how do you know he hasnt tried?
He pmay have enequited and been told Coopers current salary and thats the end of it..cps cooper aint giving up what he has now to work for SAFC
I don't think the CPS pay that well, Killer, la....

Would people not just be happy with Still?? there was general excitement around sounding like it was him after Mowbray left but that seems to of faded now. Personally i'd be happy to throw everything behind Still were he appointed, think we could do much much worse, see last permanent appointment

Would people not just be happy with Still?? there was general excitement around sounding like it was him after Mowbray left but that seems to of faded now. Personally i'd be happy to throw everything behind Still were he appointed, think we could do much much worse, see last permanent appointment
If it isn't Will Still it'll be another foreign coach with no UK based back story...

I personally have less confidence in the regime than I had back then as Neil and Mowbray could both be considered a success. It looked like they had a plan and that the 7th place we were sitting in wasn't good enough. Now I'm of the opinion that they don't know what they're doing and successes now look like flukes. I think I'm right in saying that Neil applied for the job, rather than being identified, not sure about Mowbray but it didn't take much data to come up with his name. Beale was a bizarre decision and an uneccessary gamble.

Couple that with the most recent player recruitment and disposal, it suggests that the 'data' isn't working as well as we hoped. Still might be great, I know very little about him, but he's never managed a club like Sunderland, it's not the same as managinging a little French club with no expectations. He has very little experience and he learned his trade on Football Manager.

If it was up to me I'd be giving him a swerve, just seems like another gamble.

Last edited:

Back