Can we also please invest in the Best Coach Available

Steve F

Central Defender
Great to hear the ownership is investing in improving the stadium (long overdue) let’s hope it also takes into account supporters views in regards to the facilities inside the ground.

The past few months have now surely taught KLD & KS that we need the very best Coach out there to maximise our chances of returning to the PL at the earliest.

Steve Cooper for me is by far the best man available, make him an offer that will get him here, get him in now is surely the most sensible thing to. We deserve some ambition and a statement of intent, it will give the club and all of us a lift, which is badly needed.

Great to hear the ownership is investing in improving the stadium (long overdue) let’s hope it also takes into account supporters views in regards to the facilities inside the ground.

The past few months have now surely taught KLD & KS that we need the very best Coach out there to maximise our chances of returning to the PL at the earliest.

Steve Cooper for me is by far the best man available, make him an offer that will get him here, get him in now is surely the most sensible thing to. We deserve some ambition and a statement of intent, it will give the club and all of us a lift, which is badly needed.
Wages and war chest mate

You have heard it here first mate we wont invest a penny !

Promotion is going to cost more than they are willing to put in. Surely that's apparent with what has happened this season. Any talk of promotion by the board is just soundbites. It looks clear to me that they're happy to tread water in the Championship.

Maybe Cooper thinks he can get a better role or higher up (i would imagine he is likely to think this) . Not as simple just saying go out and get him, especially with out wage structure

Dreyfus be like "dry your hands on your pants and wear a poncho from the leaky stadium roofing".
That's the kind of guy we are dealing with here when it comes to investing cash.

You're like a malfunctioning robot at this stage with the Steve Cooper suggestion.

Every single thread about 20 times a week.

Leaving that aside, why would Cooper come here in any case? He'll be in contention for lower level PL jobs, and we'll be a side who are definitely going to lose their best player (Clarke) and if we are honest will struggle to hold on to 2 others (Ballard and Neil) in the summer window.

There's a difference between having a go at the club for not being ambitious, and realistic.

Also, how do you know that the club didn't engage with Cooper or his representatives and weren't rejected?

We can't force players or managers to join the club against their will.

Maybe Cooper thinks he can get a better role or higher up (i would imagine he is likely to think this) . Not as simple just saying go out and get him, especially with out wage structure
I accept that mate, but the owner surely needs to appoint the best available or at the very least try.

You're like a malfunctioning robot at this stage with the Steve Cooper suggestion.

Every single thread about 20 times a week.

Leaving that aside, why would Cooper come here in any case? He'll be in contention for lower level PL jobs, and we'll be a side who are definitely going to lose their best player (Clarke) and if we are honest will struggle to hold on to 2 others (Ballard and Neil) in the summer window.

There's a difference between having a go at the club for not being ambitious, and realistic.

Also, how do you know that the club didn't engage with Cooper or his representatives and weren't rejected?

We can't force players or managers to join the club against their will.
Like you I don’t know who the club has in its shortlist. I am realistic my posts on here for the past twelve months or so have pleaded with this mob to raise the bar for its 41k supporters who deserve way better than what has gone on for far to long now. Shall we just employ someone who is cheap and start yet again 6 or so months into the season. This next appointment has to be right, if the owner can’t see after the MB disgrace he has learnt literally nothing….. I agree with your assumption though not to get to excited!!

Back