Can we also please invest in the Best Coach Available

I bet they do
Time will tell mate!or are you itk?....anybody who is in demand or requires a sign on fee or compensation paid wont come to our club and work under our present set up!most sucessful coaches have a team behind them or at least a couple of people they have worked with before and thats not our way.

Great to hear the ownership is investing in improving the stadium (long overdue) let’s hope it also takes into account supporters views in regards to the facilities inside the ground.

The past few months have now surely taught KLD & KS that we need the very best Coach out there to maximise our chances of returning to the PL at the earliest.

Steve Cooper for me is by far the best man available, make him an offer that will get him here, get him in now is surely the most sensible thing to. We deserve some ambition and a statement of intent, it will give the club and all of us a lift, which is badly needed.

This fella is available José Mourinho 😉

I am now beyond being outraged, the past 6 months have left me just shaking my head and totally numb at the total mismanagement of this football club. Do you believe Will Still is a better option than Cooper? Personally I wouldn’t be taking a risk on a young Manager with no Championship experience…. Signed to many foreign players of that type to the deterement of the team.
I agree with you marra, however my money will go on a foreign head coach turning up..

I agree with you marra, however my money will go on a foreign head coach turning up..
You may well be right. I hope whoever it is and I suspect it might be Will Still that he proves to be far more of a success than the untried kid signings we have made from abroad.

We'll get Clarke and Roberts back the last three or four games, win them as the other teams have nothing to play for and Dodds will get the job full time,

Call me biased but Sunderland is still the biggest club a lot of these fellas would ever manage if they did accept the job here. Just look at those amazing couple of years under Reidy.....we were in a far worse place when he took over.

The boad will be pinning their hopes on Will Still for peanuts with no backroom staff. Once he laughs in Speakman's face because he has better offers elsewhere, it'll be another low key, out of work failure on the cheap.

Dodds and Proc will still be coaching their high performance techniques to the lads in the form of running through tyres, bleep tests, and dodgeball.

The boad will be pinning their hopes on Will Still for peanuts with no backroom staff. Once he laughs in Speakman's face because he has better offers elsewhere, it'll be another low key, out of work failure on the cheap.

Dodds and Proc will still be coaching their high performance techniques to the lads in the form of running through tyres, bleep tests, and dodgeball.
I'm surprised so many seem desperate for Still mind. You'd think if he was so highly rated he'd have moved on by now...

I'm all for a turbo nerd mind so sign me up, but still.

We need to abandon this stupid model shite asap, get rid of Speakman asap and just appoint an actual manager on a five year deal and stick with them.

I'm surprised so many seem desperate for Still mind. You'd think if he was so highly rated he'd have moved on by now...

I think he'll have plenty of suitors in the summer, so it'll be a big gamble for the club to think they'll be able to tempt him here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Speakman's arrogance will probably see us miss out on him tbh.

I think he'll have plenty of suitors in the summer, so it'll be a big gamble for the club to think they'll be able to tempt him here.

I wouldn't be surprised if Speakman's arrogance will probably see us miss out on him tbh.
We might miss out we might not.

I wouldn't say it's arrogance to be doing what seemingly every other club (who would be after him) are doing mind.

I think they are waiting for Will Still, otherwise they would have appointed Cooper by now of marek. If I had to choose I would go for the pole. I think his record speaks

I am now beyond being outraged, the past 6 months have left me just shaking my head and totally numb at the total mismanagement of this football club. Do you believe Will Still is a better option than Cooper? Personally I wouldn’t be taking a risk on a young Manager with no Championship experience…. Signed to many foreign players of that type to the deterement of the team.
We won’t be hiring Cooper, so I don’t see the point in asking that question. You’re having a tantrum based entirely on your own misguided expectation.

Cooper will have better offers, and we wouldn’t pay enough even if he’d consider it.

I don’t think many are “desperate” for him. I think it’s more a case that it looks like he might be the one we are after and it’s an interesting appointment rather than a boring one.

Mowbray (at odds with his age and demeanor) was a very progressive coach in terms of how he had us playing and I think that’s what most people are hoping for,

Last edited:
We might miss out we might not.

I wouldn't say it's arrogance to be doing what seemingly every other club (who would be after him) are doing mind.

It is when we're probably offering peanuts and telling a head coach he'll have to work with the coaches already here. Anyone worth their salt will tell him to take a run and jump.

With the Beale farce, and how controlling Speakman seems, I think we'll struggle to bring anyone of any real quality in.

Back