Can doing something terrible stick on a persons conscience for life?

I remember him coming back to school after it and what a mess he was in! Shocking! What happened to the lad who done it? Wasn't he showing off to some las?

I remember back in the early 80's, two brothers from Murton chased a young lass down towards the dene, she ran across the A19 and was killed.
They moved away shortly after.

I was bullied occasionally until I got to 14 or 15 and I'd grown and filled out. The same bullies would continue to do it until I stood up for myself. It was odd that they hadn't considered I was sometimes twice their size. I grabbed one by the throat and half dangled him over a staircase 3 floors up. They nearly always said the same thing "I was only joking" :rolleyes:

Years ago, I cheated on my ex. Stupid thing. Shouldn't have done it. The person I was cheating with knew exactly what they were doing too - cheating on their boyfriend too.
Didn't go the full way, but might as well have done for the damage it caused.

Not the worst thing in the world anyone has ever done, but the fallout from it all was horrific.
In truth we should never have got back together (one last time). Really speaking we should have gone our separate ways and that would have been it.
I think you can safely say I paid for it. To the point where I actually blame my ex for a lot of things, including my own depression/anxiety.
I'd argue that some of her actions after we'd split up and tried to be friends were worse than what I did. I won't go into details as I suppose it's not fair to sound off (tempting as it may seem)

That was along time ago, but the damage was lasting. I've not seen her in years, thankfully, but if I did I suppose I'd be polite and civil.

I stopped a lad getting a hiding one night and missed the last bus home so decided to walk. The lad I stopped was waiting up the road with 2 of his mates and they chased me and give me few digs and boots to the head. I didn’t need to get any revenge as he ended up being stabbed with a screwdriver he was using to break in to a car, he died as a result of this.

Its not about guessing peoples feelings,i'd imagine anyone looking back who caused someone's death through larking around (putting it kindly)would have regrets unless they think like you as in Hey all part of growing up,its just one of them things .I get they didn't intend anyone to die but it doesn't change what happened and their part .I remember someone shooting me in the leg from 3 feet with an air pistol ,laugh a minute,Jazzmans school days
Tbf I did answer yes initially to the op but then read the word ashamed, it was the quote of him asking if they would still feel ashamed as adults. But I get where your coming from mate.

This happened years ago, a school lad was chased by a bunch of school lads on bunny hill, the lad getting chased ended up getting ran over and died. Every time I pass bunny hill I think about that lad and if the lads who caused it still feel guilty to this day and are ashamed for the rest of their lives.

Not exactly sure of the date but did this happen around late 80's or early 90's? My fatha was driving past as it happened, always remember him telling me the poor bugger was getting chased down bunny hill and ended up under a bus, my mother was in the car and me fatha told her not to look as he saw the remains of his brain in the gutter, awful way to go. Probably a Redhouse / Hylton Castle rivalry thing as it was back then.
A few years before that when I was still at school I saw a girl get knocked over and killed on the same road where the old power station used to be, the poor lasses legs were bent backwards over her head, the driver and his wife got out the car took one look at her and instantly broke down. We were all stunned and didn't know who it was at the time and remember coming back to school after lunch, telling people what had just happened to people in my form class only to find out it was the younger sister of a girl in my form then had to watch the fallout of watching her breakdown as she found out from our hearsay, awful just awful.

The thing is I don't think the drivers were to blame, incredible how a simple lapse of concentration, a hasty decision or pressure from others can cost you your life and affect so many others.

RIP.

I remember him coming back to school after it and what a mess he was in! Shocking! What happened to the lad who done it? Wasn't he showing off to some las?
Got jailed. not sure but i remember him trying to run Mrs Murray over before he hit DD
You went to our school as well like?

Twenty twenty hindsight

Common sense, more like! :lol:
Its not about guessing peoples feelings,i'd imagine anyone looking back who caused someone's death through larking around (putting it kindly)would have regrets unless they think like you as in Hey all part of growing up,its just one of them things .I get they didn't intend anyone to die but it doesn't change what happened and their part .I remember someone shooting me in the leg from 3 feet with an air pistol ,laugh a minute,Jazzmans school days

I still have a scar on my thigh from when my ‘mate’ shot me from about 20 feet away with an air rifle. Lucky it didn’t hit somewhere more dangerous...

The pellet went clean through my jeans and it felt like I’d been punched really hard. I just have a circle of shiny skin to remind me of it.

The worst part about it was it was my own f***ing air rifle he used. BSA Mercury. I still have it in the loft! :lol:

Last edited:
Common sense, more like! :lol:

I still have a scar on my thigh from when my ‘mate’ shot me from about 20 feet away with an air rifle. Lucky it didn’t hit somewhere more dangerous...

The pellet went clean through my jeans and it felt like I’d been punched really hard. I just have a circle of shiny skin to remind me of it.

The worst part about it was it was my own f***ing air rifle he used. BSA Mercury. I still have it in the loft! :lol:
. 177 or. 22?I had a mercury.

Back