Can doing something terrible stick on a persons conscience for life?

You’ve got this the wrong way round. I was there that night, it was 1984 I think, and the lad who was doing the chasing was killed. He got hit by a bus when he was chasing a lad across the road. The lad who died’s initials were AB, I won’t post the full name on here- but it’s probably available on google. He lived about 6 doors up from me on rotherfield road. Awful all the same. The council installed the crossings that are there shortly after this incident

Can't remember that.
Was it early 80s? And was he hit by a bus? I lived in town end farm then and remember it. Also the lad who got ran over in castle view school yard by a kid in a stolen car!

Or that.

I'm not being funny here, but as the OP has raised it is it possible he was one of the chasing bunch?

If so, mob rule does funny things, I was chased by gangs myself in school but luckily I could outrun them as I was a fast fucker, I saw the same feckers in school the next day and I smiled at them as they looked at me in astonishment.

Kids are feckers at times, I wouldnt lose sleep over it.

Guilt is not a good thing long term. It's a useful adaptive emotion which exists to teach lessons not to repeat social wrongs. Once that lesson is truly learned it's essentially a useless emotion wished on us to satisfy others who think we should pay for a lifetime. Extended guilt pays nothing back in analysis, unless we go old testament.
Be sorry, change, move on with using what you have learned.

Really wise words mate. It can be difficult though. The brain has a way of focusing upon guilt rather than what you have done to improve, very probably in times when you are a bit down and can't see wood for the trees. All those 'little' (very large and important) wins become a bit lost sometimes.

I'm not being funny here, but as the OP has raised it is it possible he was one of the chasing bunch?

If so, mob rule does funny things, I was chased by gangs myself in school but luckily I could outrun them as I was a fast fucker, I saw the same feckers in school the next day and I smiled at them as they looked at me in astonishment.

No mate he wasn't one of them imho.

Humans are highly emotional beings and should be educated in how to control their emotions and master the mind as a priority.

Kids are feckers. But the poor kid on the receiving end of those feckers doesn’t see it like that. All they see is another day of stress and anxiety and hoping to get through the day unscathed. I know, I was that kid. I moved on from that a long time ago and it hasn’t personally affected me to any great degree, but I didn’t have that foresight as a kid that I do now.
I was brought up to be a good decent person - what went on in J O’Cs life that what he did to me was considered fun and enjoyable for him other than he was considerably taller and bigger than me and bullying me and generally making my young life hell was easy for him?

Kids are feckers. But the poor kid on the receiving end of those feckers doesn’t see it like that. All they see is another day of stress and anxiety and hoping to get through the day unscathed. I know, I was that kid. I moved on from that a long time ago and it hasn’t personally affected me to any great degree, but I didn’t have that foresight as a kid that I do now.
I was brought up to be a good decent person - what went on in J O’Cs life that what he did to me was considered fun and enjoyable for him other than he was considerably taller and bigger than me and bullying me and generally making my young life hell was easy for him?
Can you clarify your post please, what do you mean you were that kid? Do you mean you were caught in the same kind of circumstances?
--

I wasn't brought up to be a decent person I just was and as the weight of the world took its toll from me I'm sure everybody has struggled in like one way or another. I know I have a good heart yet I have made a lot of poor choices so far in life, I am a positive person and strong as a horse so I'm always fighting through my shortcomings and trying to correct them as best I can. Mistakes are a key to success. Get the balance right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you clarify your post please, what do you mean you were that kid? Do you mean you were caught in the same kind of circumstances?
I thought the second paragraph clarified it. As a kid at school in the late 1970s I was bullied on a regular basis by a lad with the initials of J O’C. He was much bigger than me, saw me as weak (which I was at the time) and he was one of the reasons I hated school so much.

I thought the second paragraph clarified it. As a kid at school in the late 1970s I was bullied on a regular basis by a lad with the initials of J O’C. He was much bigger than me, saw me as weak (which I was at the time) and he was one of the reasons I hated school so much.
I made the mistake of bullying the bullies they didn't stand a chance and they knew it. I fought a few arranged fights one of them involved having a fight with some mad fucker with nun-chucks but it kept them away from bullying the weaker people. I can confirm being hit with a nun-chuck hurts like hell.

I made the mistake of bullying the bullies they didn't stand a chance and they knew it. I fought a few arranged fights one of them involved having a fight with some mad fucker with nun-chucks but it kept them away from bullying the weaker people. I can confirm being hit with a nun-chuck hurts like hell.
I wish I’d had the balls to do that when I was younger. I didn’t. The irony of it is that after I left school I joined the army and did things in my life that J O’C probably would never have had the courage to do.

I wish I’d had the balls to do that when I was younger. I didn’t. The irony of it is that after I left school I joined the army and did things in my life that J O’C probably would never have had the courage to do.
All that matters is that we turned out ok. I regret the same thing you wanted to do.
Thinking back I was brought up to be a fighter, my dad was bullied he never spoke of it but it had a huge impact on him he felt the need to bring one of his kids up to be a trained fighter from an early age. And that is me. I've had the absolute shit kicked out of me and worse but I always get back up and recover till the next fight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it early 80s? And was he hit by a bus? I lived in town end farm then and remember it. Also the lad who got ran over in castle view school yard by a kid in a stolen car!

I can remember that like it was yesterday, lad in my year DD got knocked over and dragged the full length of the yard under the car, how the fuck he survived i will never know. It was awful to watch.

I wasnt bullied at school but if we think of these types now I can guarantee 99% are deed or sat lonely in their local till they die.

All that matters is that we turned out ok. I regret the same thing you wanted to do.
Thinking back I was brought up to be a fighter, my dad was bullied he never spoke of it but it had a huge impact on him he felt the need to bring one of his kids up to be a trained fighter from an early age. And that is me. I've had the absolute shit kicked out of me and worse but I always get back up and recover till the next fight.

Any news on a date and venue for you boxing debut?

Outside Asda mate. A young lad messing with his pals went under a bus. Heartbreaking.

Well I don’t know how they feel. Neither do you. All I’m saying is it sounded like an accident in the op, even the wonders if they feel ashamed, aye it could have been avoided but in so many ways.
Its not about guessing peoples feelings,i'd imagine anyone looking back who caused someone's death through larking around (putting it kindly)would have regrets unless they think like you as in Hey all part of growing up,its just one of them things .I get they didn't intend anyone to die but it doesn't change what happened and their part .I remember someone shooting me in the leg from 3 feet with an air pistol ,laugh a minute,Jazzmans school days

I wasnt bullied at school but if we think of these types now I can guarantee 99% are deed or sat lonely in their local till they die.
I remember one, wasn't a pleasant character at school, I have heard he is a total alcoholic and has been for years.

Back