Can’t believe people really that desperate for a drink...

I'm really concerned for some pubs that are opening. My local has spent a fortune on shelters and a new beer garden, in order to open a month before the competition.

He'll be rammed for a few days I'm sure. But if the weather is crap, he's laid out a fortune, plus extra staff to serve them. Sure if its wet he can send a few home, but what if the sun comes back out again?

It's not like it's a big food pub. Its an independent beer drinkers pub. The majority will be drinkers, so I can't see how he will recoup the money he has spent. What's the profit on a pint? He will need some serious binge drinking to even get half his outlay back!

Maybe I am missing something. But a few thousand on an outdoor area you might only need for a month, and that could be closed at the drop of a hat bu the government? Its crazy
It shouldn't of took for people to only be allowed to drink outside for pubs to take advantage of the outside space. Some of the pubs around here now have class beer gardens and they'll get used loads long after this pandemic and be a big advantage to the pub in the long run.

If as many people are missing the pub as they make out they'll be building new ones
I want the pubs to make a few quid but it won't be from me .
Match days and very occasional afternoon sesh is all I do these days .
Pubs have lost their appeal for me currently. Breeding ground for a nasty virus. Also, think of all the scratters who will be swarming to the pub this week, especially Friday. They’ll be trying to cram down as many Stellas as possible. Ain’t going to end well.

I’m not in a rush to return.
Gonna hoy my settee in the front garden and charge passers-by a fiver for a lukewarm Fosters to cope with the demand.
Not a bad idea. Villages used to have several ale houses which is more or less what you are describing. It’s why we have pub signs - the ale houses had to be identified and many of the drinkers couldn’t read so the. And was represented as a picture, like The Red Lion, The Black Horse or The Rusty Sheriff’s Badge.

Last edited:
Pubs have lost their appeal for me currently. Breeding ground for a nasty virus. Also, think of all the scratters who will be swarming to the pub this week, especially Friday. They’ll be trying to cram down as many Stellas as possible. Ain’t going to end well.

I’m not in a rush to return.

Not a bad idea. Villages used to have several ale houses which is more or less what you are describing. It’s why we have pub signs - the ale houses had to be identified and many of the drinkers couldn’t read so the. And was represented as a picture, like The Red Lion, The Black Horse or The Rusty Sheriff’s Badge.
There’s very little chance of catching anything whilst outside.

What's the best way of defrosting frozen flaps? 😁 😁
Ask a pilot.
Cant believe people are that desperate to moan that they'll complain about people going out with their mates having a good time while they're in with their takeaway unlimited panda buffet touching themselves to Lara Croft from the original Tomb Raider on their PS1.
I must complain about this post. I have a PS2.

Last edited:
Not for me but I can certainly understand people who are at this point desperate to reclaim some of their earlier "normality" and being able to go out and have a drink with some friends certainly comes under that banner. I almost think that the fact the end (or "an end" at least) may be in sight is causing people more psychological pressure than when it wasnt, there's people I talk to very regularly who have started to struggle in the last few weeks and months who were doing fine during lockdown.

IF its safe then I really cant understand why anyone would be against it, certainly if they are and they stay at home then its a good bit of self-selection so everyone who is out has a better time.

Would I normally sit in a pub garden in the middle of April? Would I f*ck. Swerving pubs til everything is as it should be in June.

If it's still a f*ck on like it was when they shut last November then I'll not be gannin back til i can walk in without signing summat or showing summat and I can gan and sit next to and have a bit crack on with whoever I want.

We have booked our local for next week ..... Hopefully the weather will be better :cool:

Bit of an arse on having to book things but such is life right now

There was a Q outside the barbers at 6.30 this morning !!!

Bloke on the news now having a pint at 8am. Nutter.

No chance am I sitting in a freezing converted pub car park any time soon

If there is some decent weather next weekend might have some friends around in the garden

Back