Camping (tents not posh camping)

Some of the lads take their bairns away for a couple of nights a few times over summer and we head to Stoneswaite (sp) over the lakes, you head out of Keswick and part way along the valley you lose mobile phone signal and can basically disappear off the map for a couple of days. Wife hates it because she can’t check up on the bairn.

Fires, air rifles, axes, tree swings, swimming in the river, basically knocking about with the bairns like we used to do in the old days and not an iPad in sight.

Bairns eventually hit the hay and we sit up poking the fire boozing for a few hours.

Some of the best weekends I’ve had away, apart from the drive up there, as [B]@Ghandi Floss[/B] will sit in the passenger seat boozing asking to stop for a piss every few miles! ;)

Look, if you’re gonna whinge, I’m happy to piss in the glove box next time.

One of the best places on earth Stonesy, especially on a Dads and Lads/Lasses jaunt.

Last edited:

Used to do it a lot when I was younger as my mom's side of the family loves to go camping. We used to have big family gatherings and spend a few days camping. It was fun when I was a kid, not as fun now that I'm older. Last time I went camping was about two years ago, I think, and it was horrible.

Back