Camp sites not too far away

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest what as sold it to me is the potential to visit places in Europe where the accommodation is either sparse or over priced.

I've looked at the Black Forest and Zell-am-See for next year and looking at less than <£600 for the sites for two weeks in August.

We used to go on municipal camp sites in France when I was a child. They were basic and just had the usual toilet block, dish washing sinks etc. No shop, swimming pools, entertainment etc. They were clean, well maintained and cheap as chips though.

We used to go on municipal camp sites in France when I was a child. They were basic and just had the usual toilet block, dish washing sinks etc. No shop, swimming pools, entertainment etc. They were clean, well maintained and cheap as chips though.
We use these ones in the Netherlands (they also have sites in France and Belgium) and they can be ridiculously cheap and are always dead chilled.

Natuurkampeerterreinen – Kamperen midden in de natuur

Not yet - I have a toaster and a kettle and a cafetiere, for breakfast but plan to eat out most(all) the time (for now).

This is the badboy:

Logon or register to see this image
We have the same tent, haven't used 8t yet but looking forward to getting away with it soon.
We got the polycotton model, as you say, they are a bit on the large side but you need a lot of space for all the other shite you need to keep the other half and kids happy.

It's expensive to get the gear initially but then it starts to pay off. We hace a smaller camper and the best thing I've ever bought for it was a portable toilet for £50 and an awning for 3
£350. Means we can pretty much go anywhere. Next trip is on friday tp Herrington country park for 2 nights. No facilities but for £6 a night Im happy!

There's one just off the A1M/A690 roundabout. Ex-inlaws used to stay there and liked it.

Bobby Shaftoes at Beamish. Not stopped but have walked around nearby loads. It's a beautiful area - really tranquil.

Bloke exposed himself to my daughter there - mind it was about 15 years ago. Obviously nowt the owners could have done and they dealt with it ok.

To be honest what as sold it to me is the potential to visit places in Europe where the accommodation is either sparse or over priced.

I've looked at the Black Forest and Zell-am-See for next year and looking at less than <£600 for the sites for two weeks in August.
I've got a big inflatable 5xl and all the kit. As you say means you can get a night's accommodation within striking distance of Paris, Amsterdam etc for £25. Been all over, alsace, camargue, champagne. Spot on, get set up for 3 or 4 days, see the area and move on.
Means you can follow the weather too.

I know the one at Zell-am-See. Great spot. I enjoyed the river rafting with the family nearby. Zell also has a small water park for the youngsters IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back