Camp sites not too far away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both great sites. Osmotherly pubs only a short walk from Cote Ghyl. But Akebar is so good I sited me caravan there so I'm down most weekends through the summer. Like you say it's got a proper nice pub on site. Brilliant for summer nights where the kids can play outside while parents get pissed.

Have a feeling that is an adult only site. And not sure they take tents. Caravans only.
Years since they took tents.

I got into camping thinking it would be a nice cheap night away here or there, but it's not now. Sites charging £35-£45 a night for a bog standard non electric tent pitch. You can probably get a travel lodge or groupon deal for not much different tbh

I got into camping thinking it would be a nice cheap night away here or there, but it's not now. Sites charging £35-£45 a night for a bog standard non electric tent pitch. You can probably get a travel lodge or groupon deal for not much different tbh
We had two nights in a Premier Inn for just over £50 a couple months back Friday/Saturday.
Living the dream.

Camping is class though.

Yeah, it's stupid. I like a rough, no frills site. Too many now are aimed at "glamping" and charge accordingly. You only need a toilet and some running water. I don't need an overpriced croissant for breakfast

Both great sites. Osmotherly pubs only a short walk from Cote Ghyl. But Akebar is so good I sited me caravan there so I'm down most weekends through the summer. Like you say it's got a proper nice pub on site. Brilliant for summer nights where the kids can play outside while parents get pissed.

Have a feeling that is an adult only site. And not sure they take tents. Caravans only.

Admittedly I haven’t been for 20 years but they used to then :D

So after resisting and not being overly enthused, I spunked £900+ on a tent (groundsheet and carpet), and several hundred on 4*Sleeping Bags, 4*Air Beds, Power Hook-up, Water Carriers, Lanterns, Mallets, Extra Pegs, Chairs, Stirrup Pump, Peg Extractors, Cups and Plates.

Nobody can say I am not committed.
Good lad.

So after resisting and not being overly enthused, I spunked £900+ on a tent (groundsheet and carpet), and several hundred on 4*Sleeping Bags, 4*Air Beds, Power Hook-up, Water Carriers, Lanterns, Mallets, Extra Pegs, Chairs, Stirrup Pump, Peg Extractors, Cups and Plates.

Stove?

;), you need committing to a mental institution for spending that ammount for a nights camping.

Enjoy mate. I have many happy memories of camping and caravanning as a kid. Took the wife and kids a couple of times but they were too soft and spoilt to appreciate it..

Enjoy mate. I have many happy memories of camping and caravanning as a kid. Took the wife and kids a couple of times but they were too soft and spoilt to appreciate it..
To be honest what as sold it to me is the potential to visit places in Europe where the accommodation is either sparse or over priced.

I've looked at the Black Forest and Zell-am-See for next year and looking at less than <£600 for the sites for two weeks in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back