Calorie intake

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm already eating chicken breasts, maybe some nuts?

Nuts would add fat, certainly, but also loads of calories. If you're wanting to cut your calorie intake as much as you are currently, there's no real way of increasing fat intake significantly without pretty much starving yourself.

Your body burns energy (calories) even when sleeping man. Some are harder to burn than others, that is the point I am getting at. It is always going to be better eating 2500 calories from good, healthy foods than it is from pizza, chocolate etc!

How the fuck that is so hard to understand has me riddled.

But if you're in a caloric deficit over a given period of time, those calories will be burned. How is that so hard to understand?

The only issue with what actually makes up those components is satiety. And that only matters for people with no self control.

If calorie intake = TDEE you stay the same weight. Fact.

Tell me more!

Reductions in dietary fat can result in significant decreases in testosterone (steroid hormones, which are fat-soluble and synthesized from cholesterol). There's more variables involved, and less test doesn't necessarily mean your lean mass is going to vanish, but I wouldn't go low fat for extended periods of time, as there's also other factors to consider.

Reductions in dietary fat can result in significant decreases in testosterone (steroid hormones, which are fat-soluble and synthesized from cholesterol). There's more variables involved, and less test doesn't necessarily mean your lean mass is going to vanish, but I wouldn't go low fat for extended periods of time, as there's also other factors to consider.
What healthy fat rich foods can I add to my diet?

Your body burns energy (calories) even when sleeping man. Some are harder to burn than others, that is the point I am getting at. It is always going to be better eating 2500 calories from good, healthy foods than it is from pizza, chocolate etc!

How the fuck that is so hard to understand has me riddled.

Yes, you burn calories at rest. But if you're in an energy deficit you lose weight. The composition of the diet's individual foods is secondary to this.

USA but quite simple to understand:

http://www.barbellsandbeakers.com/2012/07/04/the-math-behind-weight-loss-caloric-deficit-explained/

So what is a caloric deficit?

Let’s use a real life example. My BMR is 1550 calories a day, my maintenance is 2,100 calories a day. Based on how often I exercise, how I spend my day, etc. I need to eat 2,100 calories to maintain my weight. If I want to lose weight I need to eat less than 2,100 calories a day. What’s important to note about this number, my maintenance number, is that it takes my TDEE into consideration. I don’t subtract the amount of calories I burn from exercise, that’s already taken into consideration. That’s the definition of TDEE – total daily energy expenditure. It’s already taking into account that I exercise as much as I do, or I’m as active as I am at my job.

If one pound = 3,500 calories, to lose one pound a week I need to have a deficit of 3,500 calories that week. Divided over 7 days, that’s a 500 calorie deficit a day. That means eating 1,600 calories a day for me. It’s also important to remember that your body takes an average. 24 hours is a human invention, as long as you have -3,500 calories a week it doesn’t matter what your day to day intake is. It doesn’t matter if these calories are eaten at 5pm, 6am or 12am.

Last edited:
What healthy fat rich foods can I add to my diet?

Be diverse with the types of fats, but I will make a point of saying to include saturated fats in that too, since people often avoid them unnecessarily.

Does that mean I'll turn into a lass?

Does that mean I'll turn into a lass?

It means your strength will plummet to Lewberry Pie levels.

Nah man, but fat and protein are both 'essential' nutrients and while I am a fat of high carb diets also, it shouldn't be at the expense of a reasonable fat intake. At least for a significant period of time.

Be diverse with the types of fats, but I will make a point of saying to include saturated fats in that too, since people often avoid them unnecessarily.
So such as pistachio nuts or almonds to snack on every now and them wouldn't be bad?

It means your strength will plummet to Lewberry Pie levels.

Nah man, but fat and protein are both 'essential' nutrients and while I am a fat of high carb diets also, it shouldn't be at the expense of a reasonable fat intake. At least for a significant period of time.

Cheers, but if I go for higher fat stuff I'll have to starve myself to maintain 1700 per day average.

So such as pistachio nuts or almonds to snack on every now and them wouldn't be bad?

They wouldn't be bad, but you'll consume quite a few more calories as a result, which to be fair, you've got room for if you're willing to lose weight slower, or exercise more. You're only borderline obese.

What about tansfats?

Provide absolutely no benefit for the potential only for negative health effects (as far as I'm aware). However, I can't see this being an issue for somebody with a low-moderate fat intake from diverse source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back