Buying old vinyl records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinnit tell him man. Gonna have everyone goin to it now.

they get some good records in and for fair prices, but f#ck me man. not everything has been priced up. you wouldn't go to asda for some beans and expect for the check out to see what other places are selling them for.

they get some good records in and for fair prices, but f#ck me man. not everything has been priced up. you wouldn't go to asda for some beans and expect for the check out to see what other places are selling them for.
Is that what they do like? :lol:

Is that what they do like? :lol:

:lol:

not all the records are priced up. so you could come across a few and like the look of them and you've then got to ask whoever is serving, how much they are. from there, they'll go onto ebay or discogs. imagine if you've 20-30 records and got to wait... you could be there hours!.

From what I could tell, I'd say between two thirds and three quarters of their stock in store is priced up, then there's some boxes and shelves with unpriced records in. I just ignored that section when I was in as I didn't really want to get into a discussion over pricing as it's a minefield anyway if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Basically on the left hand side as you walk in and up and round the back is priced up, the stuff on the right isn't. It's probably just a case of them getting round to pricing it as they get 'new' stock in.

:lol:

not all the records are priced up. so you could come across a few and like the look of them and you've then got to ask whoever is serving, how much they are. from there, they'll go onto ebay or discogs. imagine if you've 20-30 records and got to wait... you could be there hours!.
Ebay is random as fuck n'arl. I bought a first press The National album for 22 quid but lost out on bidding for the same album (same condition and that) a week earlier which went for 58 quid. :cool:
Discogs varies massively n'arl when the grading is often, at best, questionable.

Am gonna head down Friday and have a look.

From what I could tell, I'd say between two thirds and three quarters of their stock in store is priced up, then there's some boxes and shelves with unpriced records in. I just ignored that section when I was in as I didn't really want to get into a discussion over pricing as it's a minefield anyway if you don't know exactly what you're doing. Basically on the left hand side as you walk in and up and round the back is priced up, the stuff on the right isn't. It's probably just a case of them getting round to pricing it as they get 'new' stock in.

it's been that way for years man :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back