Buying old vinyl records

Punk singles can go for decent money, my brother got £250 for a Toy Dolls single, the tight twat
was going to give it to me for my collection.
Tommy Kowies Car ? I've got that first pressing on GBH records anarl if that's the one, some of the Japanese ones go for big money too.

Amazon carry used records linking to shops / suppliers. As I am in Kuwait it would be virtually impossible to purchase vinyl (without ridiculous charges) unless I had access to an APO address which luckily I do.

Oh and I kept all my old vinyl....still have the lot from back in the day.......

Logon or register to see this image
I really wish id kept mine. The Mrs is starting to complain now about my buying old stuff.

I was going to suggest charity shops, but then I remembered he lived in Texas and wan't sure if they had them over there tbh. I was walking past one the oter day and they had a double AC/DC album in the window, but I don't have a record player :neutral:.
I found a flea market yesterday with loads of old vinyl, i bought a dozen old albums for about $30

I really wish id kept mine. The Mrs is starting to complain now about my buying old stuff.

I found a flea market yesterday with loads of old vinyl, i bought a dozen old albums for about $30

That photo is from the UK, I have a 200 plus albums here in Kuwait as well.

I’ve bought duplicates of loads over the years.

I have also bought box sets recently of The Who, Bob Marley and The Wailers, T Rex and Rolling Stones..... I’m like a drug addict when I get on a role.

I can't get the hang of this dicogs website like. I've got The bloody Jam coming up in a search for Sam Cooke, all because the B side to The Modern World is a cover of Arthur Conley's Sweet Soul Music. :rolleyes:

Just placed my first order on Discogs. Got a decent original copy of Nas’ Illmatic coming for only £25 :D

I’ve just checked, in the last month I’ve bought 41 vinyl albums plus one box set of T Rex containing 8 vinyl albums.

To add to that I bought 2 Cd albums and two box sets of CD albums.......

:eek: I’ve bought nearly 10 over the last few weeks and thought I was going too far :lol:

Last edited:
just been trying to find out which pressing of the 1st rolling stones album I have, so many variations with label notes & sleeve notes, turns out its a 5th pressing from 1965-68, actual release is 1964 so fairly hard to value.

Back