Buy to lets again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repetitive strain from rinsing lentils ? ;)

odd one.. when my old fella died about 3 years ago they did a post mortom. found some asbestos particulates in his system. nowt of it really.. dies at 84 and has smoked fro 70+ years and had been generally healthy. always worked in the building trade

my brother as executer gets a call from an ambulance chaser.. they must go through all the reports etc looking for cases

told it would cost nowt and they would appeal to insurer stuff... tooka few years of which he had to do nowt and then a payout came.... didn't expect much but it was canny... mental tbh

odd one.. when my old fella died about 3 years ago they did a post mortom. found some asbestos particulates in his system. nowt of it really.. dies at 84 and has smoked fro 70+ years and had been generally healthy. always worked in the building trade

my brother as executer gets a call from an ambulance chaser.. they must go through all the reports etc looking for cases

told it would cost nowt and they would appeal to insurer stuff... tooka few years of which he had to do nowt and then a payout came.... didn't expect much but it was canny... mental tbh
Why did they do a pm ? Foul play suspected? ;)

Why did they do a pm ? Foul play suspected? ;)

nah .. I think they knew he had worked in building trade and they asked permission as part of ongoing research and statistics.

he will be glad to know he left us a bit of money afterwards for his endeavours.. 3 years later.

asked me brother how much was the payout... he said £12500.

thought get in... 3k each as there is 4 of us...

he pays me it across... yep... 12.5 each.... hence lumped 12k off a mortgage

It does look a bargain like unless it has some major problems.
I don't see radiators in every room so maybe it needs heating...if so that would be 4k. If a rewire is needed (doesn't look like it) then 2k. From the kitchen and bathroom it looks in serviceable nick for renting out and it's in a pretty decent area

I have questions too.

What costs do you need to consider as a landlord?

What are the benefits of using an agent?

What can you claim against tax?

Why do some people get a buy to let on an interest only mortgage?

It's the mecca of the North East, Easington.

Pay no attention to the delapidated, rat infested, burnt-out school. Think not of the 2-takaway-outlets-per head of population. Look not, upon the abandoned highstreet. Easington is the place to be.
Not to mention that a top level job in the lane is a scrapman

I have questions too.

What costs do you need to consider as a landlord?

What are the benefits of using an agent?

What can you claim against tax?

Why do some people get a buy to let on an interest only mortgage?
Ask one at a time ;)

I answered the last one in the previous btl thread

Aye no one wants to live in the gables and the flats are for scratters. my mate has a tenant down there and gets nowt but bother
I still think you'd do better than spending the same in darlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back