Buy to lets again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try the Gleeson sites down that way.. New builds, 2 & 3 bed around £85K - £89K, been looking at them for the past few weeks. Middlesbrough has a big site coming off at around the same values.
They all look like 95k and higher tbh

Bloody hell. What on earth happened? Is that for one property?

external windows painted £650 (first floor)
Front door painted. front area all tidied up
And also rebuild of a skylight and general repair.

has to be done. I probably do £1500 to 2K a year maintenance on a property at least

older properties need more work. nature of the beast

They all look like 95k and higher tbh
There were some on the site beside Castle eden around £85... you need to ask if there's a discount for cash you'll still have to pay SDLT but there are discounts going around, especially if you buy a couple.. The other site we had a look at on Sunday was at New Kyo. I think the 2 bedders were around that price too.. Sunderland are well over 100k

external windows painted £650 (first floor)
Front door painted. front area all tidied up
And also rebuild of a skylight and general repair.

has to be done. I probably do £1500 to 2K a year maintenance on a property at least

older properties need more work. nature of the beast

Blimey. I'm still thinking of maybe selling my flat and buying houses nearer to where we are now.
What do you think? 2 houses over 1 city centre flat?

There were some on the site beside Castle eden around £85... you need to ask if there's a discount for cash you'll still have to pay SDLT but there are discounts going around, especially if you buy a couple.. The other site we had a look at on Sunday was at New Kyo. I think the 2 bedders were around that price too.. Sunderland are well over 100k
I love the euphemisms involved in house buying, it's wheatley hill ;)

I'll have a look though, cheers

New what? New York? Japan would be too inconvenient

Blimey. I'm still thinking of maybe selling my flat and buying houses nearer to where we are now.
What do you think? 2 houses over 1 city centre flat?

I really wouldn't know. I'm an accidental landlord top en extent. just been in a position to keep the place I've lived in when I've moved.. I've never had a high ltr

always wary of cheap properties because while you can get a decent yield they can bring too many problem tenants.

one thing about being in the South East there is a queue of tenants. never had a blank period .

tbh I could do with an empty month at some point to do some proper work

I really wouldn't know. I'm an accidental landlord top en extent. just been in a position to keep the place I've lived in when I've moved.. I've never had a high ltr

always wary of cheap properties because while you can get a decent yield they can bring too many problem tenants.

one thing about being in the South East there is a queue of tenants. never had a blank period .

tbh I could do with an empty month at some point to do some proper work

I see.
Well for me I'd rather get another property which was nice and hopefully I could get a family/couple in etc who would be happy to stay there and rent.
I'm not sure about doing DSS properties as while there's guaranteed rent, there's a potential risk to the property.

That said you can't always rely on "professionals"

I see.
Well for me I'd rather get another property which was nice and hopefully I could get a family/couple in etc who would be happy to stay there and rent.
I'm not sure about doing DSS properties as while there's guaranteed rent, there's a potential risk to the property.

That said you can't always rely on "professionals"
Not even guaranteed rent any more. It pushes DSS ever further to the bottom end, as you'll only risk cheap areas and cheap properties with high yields on them

Try the Gleeson sites down that way.. New builds, 2 & 3 bed around £85K - £89K, been looking at them for the past few weeks. Middlesbrough has a big site coming off at around the same values.

Gleeson won't sell to investors ffs

dont tell them ...Just let someone tell them that they own another property but would like to see if there were incentives to buy.. You'll still have to pay SDLT what ever you buy...Ask if they can make a contribution instead of HTBuy
At the point when their solicitor asks where the money is coming from the answer will be , straight from my bank account , the reply to which is fuck off

There's covenants saying they can't be rented anyway

Only for mortgaged properties.
The covenants cover the whole site, nowt to do with mortgages. Will be within the freehold title

Covenants are set up by the council when giving the planning permission

Croxdale house i went to today looked like it was sliding into the valley. Didn't even bother going inside

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back