Bus Drivers

Aye, that would justify shutting the door on a bloke using crutches. They can't miss their sandwich back at the station

:rolleyes:
Crutchy should get to the stop in time 😂

Nah, but seriously we have no idea how near/far away this bloke was. Just the OP’s word for it. I seriously doubt the driver shut the doors in his face. Was probably out of view or miles away. If they waited for everyone late for the bus they’d never be on time and then people would moan about that too.

Last edited:

They used to be a Scottish fella who drove the no3 from Hylton Castle who used to give a tourist commentary to the journey.
It was around 2005/6. He would say stuff like"on your right is the Torrens pub, named after the ship built on the yard that sailed to Australia", "the Cauld Lad named after the young lad who haunted the Hylton Castle" and obviously being 2005/6 a comment on how shit the football team was doing.
It was class, the grannies loved it. He was about as upbeat as anyone I've seen do his job. I bet the other drivers f***ing hated him🤣
I remember him, he was class. Used to love getting on his bus.
Wonder what he's up to these days.

Indeed, it's like people are deliberately taking it out of context to make a point.
Not out of context at all, a driver admitted it on here.
Whether it’s the drivers or the management, both groups should be ashamed of the rubbish service you provide.
There may be some truth in the rumour that you all hope to be taken over.

Crutchy should get to the stop in time 😂

Nah, but seriously we have no idea how near/far away this bloke was. Just the OP’s word for it. I seriously doubt the driver shut the doors in his face. Was probably out of view or miles away. If they waited for everyone late for the bus they’d never be on time and then people would moan about that too.
Wankers the lot of ya

Sick to death of being sent flying down an aisle when am heavily laden (not pregnant)

Enjoy your time off because my empathy for your cause has ended - boo hoo - if you can't treat people with a bit of courtesy then don't expect anything back

Wankers the lot of ya

Sick to death of being sent flying down an aisle when am heavily laden (not pregnant)

Enjoy your time off because my empathy for your cause has ended - boo hoo - if you can't treat people with a bit of courtesy then don't expect anything back
I have no time off mate.

Why are you being sent flying down the aisle? Are you not remaining seated?

I have no time off mate.

Why are you being sent flying down the aisle? Are you not remaining seated?
Posted out of frustration. Was in a fume

Because as you've said you don't have to wait till a passenger getting on with 2 bags of shopping and a 10 year old has to be seated to floor the accelerator

A few bruises and split heads every day is nothing compared to saving 3 seconds at a few stops and giving drivers a bit of warped job satisfaction en route

Posted out of frustration. Was in a fume

Because as you've said you don't have to wait till a passenger getting on with 2 bags of shopping and a 10 year old has to be seated to floor the accelerator

A few bruises and split heads every day is nothing compared to saving 3 seconds at a few stops and giving drivers a bit of warped job satisfaction en route
A polite request to the driver, asking to wait until you’re seated will do the trick.

A driver will face disciplinary action for any injuries caused by doing this. They are very rare. Certainly not split heads.

A polite request to the driver, asking to wait until you’re seated will do the trick.

A driver will face disciplinary action for any injuries caused by doing this. They are very rare. Certainly not split heads.
All passengers below the age of 65 or with a disability are too hard to ask anything of the miserable buggers who are just in the wrong job

I don't understand why bus companies take the risk, even if reported accidents are low. There'll be lots not reported

That's today bus rant over anyway. My mates are weirdly bored of a good bus moan now so sometimes turn to the SMB!

Hey bus fans

GNE bus crashed in the new Durham bus station the other night

Upon opening the council said the build had been challenging and innovative but with an improved exit onto North Road

Sadly this proved not to be the case as one well paid driver couldn't safely navigate their way out

Heard the crunch, witnessed the walking wounded

Only been open two weeks

I have lots of additional bus crack to share as well - which will thrill many of you who may remember me from such threads as "GNE to strike" and "Bus drivers deserve to be paid more than junior doctors"

Hey bus fans

Upon opening the council said the build had been challenging and innovative but with an improved exit onto North Road

Sadly this proved not to be the case as one well paid driver couldn't safely navigate their way out

Only been open two weeks

I have lots of additional bus crack to share as well - which will thrill many of you who may remember me from such threads as "GNE to strike" and "Bus drivers deserve to be paid more than junior doctors"
I noticed the fence on the way out of the bus station had been crashed into.

Hey bus fans

Only been open two weeks

That sounds an interesting thread. Can you link to the “bus drivers deserve to be paid more than junior doctors” thread?

That sounds an interesting thread. Can you link to the “bus drivers deserve to be paid more than junior doctors” thread?
Sadly it was merged into the main thread so got a bit lost

You'll perhaps remember it because it was yourself that pointed out junior doctors earn £14.10 an hour while GNE drivers wanted £14.15

And as referenced, a debate ensued about why bus drivers should indeed earn more than doctors

Sadly it was merged into the main thread so got a bit lost

You'll perhaps remember it because it was yourself that pointed out junior doctors earn £14.10 an hour while GNE drivers wanted £14.15

And as referenced, a debate ensued about why bus drivers should indeed earn more than doctors
Ah so you can therefore link to the specific opening post then. I look forward to it

Ah so you can therefore link to the specific opening post then. I look forward to it
Right oh Dom
Having a face like a smacked arse is the main job criteria.
A lot of people on here absolutely adore their local bus driver man. A few were hailing them down before Christmas without needing to get somewhere just to hand out presents and tips

It's a strange place the SMB at times

Last edited:
Right oh Dom

A lot of people on here absolutely adore their local bus driver man. A few were hailing them down before Christmas without needing to get somewhere just to hand out presents and tips

Not me. I despise public transport. All my experience with bus drivers is bad in the main. My life, my opinion and my choice.

Right oh Dom

Ah so you can’t find a single post or thread where anybody said bus drivers should earn more than single doctors.

Why am I not surprised.

Back