Bus Drivers

Think most bus drivers hate there jobs and lives . Only pleasure they get it torturing poor souls legging to bus stops as they pull away chortling to themselves. Also splashing poor folk next to puddles on roads etc . Hope the crutches bloke did V sign with his crutches as bus pulled away ....

Last edited:
Think most bus drivers hate there jobs and lives . Only pleasure they get it torturing poor souls legging to bus stops as they pull away chortling to themselves. Also splashing poor folk next to puddles on roads etc . Hope the crutches bloke did V sign with his crutches as bus pulled away ....
I think that’s the perks of the job. They don’t care if you run for the bus then miss it. They get paid regardless. I’m sure they do it on purpose sometimes

Well if it's Go North East drivers, they obviously have a thing going on with management as they are striking this weekend. It's like they are actively encouraging complaints to to the top brass whilst sticking rigidly to terms and conditions. One of them refused to drop me at my stop last week as i hadn't rang the bell. I was the only one on the bus at 11.30pm. i had gotten out of my seat early, mad my way down to the front and actually stood next to him for around thirty seconds.

Well if it's Go North East drivers, they obviously have a thing going on with management as they are striking this weekend. It's like they are actively encouraging complaints to to the top brass whilst sticking rigidly to terms and conditions. One of them refused to drop me at my stop last week as i hadn't rang the bell. I was the only one on the bus at 11.30pm. i had gotten out of my seat early, mad my way down to the front and actually stood next to him for around thirty seconds.
Was it too much effort to ring the bell like?

Used to drive around Newcastle City centre daily and majority were total pricks!! Thought they owned the roads and don't even get me started on the annoying little wave they give when they pass each other✊💦

It's a bit of a myth. 3 buses a day and most don't say much (I wouldn't either), 10% are miserable, 10% friendly

And they're trying to get maybe 50 people somewhere on time (not that they'll care but have a timetable to hit) and you're likely 1 person in a smaller vehicle.

So I'd use my bulk to gain minutes here and there, cos me scratching my bus is less concerning than for you with a scratched car

When you happen across a twatty one it stands out and is annoying like

Spoke to one last night , they’ve asked for a 14% pay rise for parity with a different company plus a lump of £3k.

Wages are being paid by the union whilst they’re out on strike.

Good luck with those demands.

Stiking all week. And a fortnight after. Gong to be chaos

They used to be a Scottish fella who drove the no3 from Hylton Castle who used to give a tourist commentary to the journey.
It was around 2005/6. He would say stuff like"on your right is the Torrens pub, named after the ship built on the yard that sailed to Australia", "the Cauld Lad named after the young lad who haunted the Hylton Castle" and obviously being 2005/6 a comment on how shit the football team was doing.
It was class, the grannies loved it. He was about as upbeat as anyone I've seen do his job. I bet the other drivers f***ing hated him🤣

Never give up on people, Rodney. I know that most of the time they don't seem to understand. But when you're in trouble and you cry out for help, some will always be there. Trigger's cousin Cyril's a perfect example. He owed 500 quid on his mortgage

They were gonna be thrown out on the street the following day. he was very worried about it. He drove out to Beachy Head. Parked about five foot from the edge of the cliff.

He just sat there for a couple of hours, his head resting on the steering wheel. People tried to talk to him out of it but he was too depressed to listen.

But then, and this is what I mean about people, Rodney, they had a whip-round and got him his 500 quid.

No! Who held the whip-round?

All the passengers on his bus.

If you're going to be a bus driver, ask for the number 16 route. They must spend half of their shift parked up outside the Hastings Hill pub, sometimes with one or two other 16s behind them.

Cushiest job on the planet, I reckon.

They used to be a Scottish fella who drove the no3 from Hylton Castle who used to give a tourist commentary to the journey.
It was around 2005/6. He would say stuff like"on your right is the Torrens pub, named after the ship built on the yard that sailed to Australia", "the Cauld Lad named after the young lad who haunted the Hylton Castle" and obviously being 2005/6 a comment on how shit the football team was doing.
It was class, the grannies loved it. He was about as upbeat as anyone I've seen do his job. I bet the other drivers f***ing hated him🤣

Was going to post about him - would often drive the 16 too, and my kids used to call him the Jolly Bus Driver. Genuinely came across like he loved his working day and probably went home happy.

Another thing. I know the Highway Code, you must let a bus out. However, they appear to get the mirror, signal, manoeuvre sequence back to front. If they indicate, I let them out but when I'm three quarters of the way past and they start to pull out and rage at you it's just not on. Rant over
But you don’t know rule 223 which says you have to give way to buses leaving stops?

Back