Bus Drivers

I kna they have to deal with the drunk and belligerent

But why are so many of them total utter dickheads? Had a run in with one today for shutting the doors on a bloke with crutches and then carrying on to the next stop, the attitude of these mini Hitlers stinks man.
Maybe they were on a 12 hour shift. With 36 minutes for a break inbetween the 3 rotas.

Maybe they wanted to be on time to have a sandwich and cup of tea when back at the station.

But hey ho think about yourselves.

Have respect for them.

Few miserable ones but some decent ones on my way to work.
One waits for me to jump off and run to the shop and get back on.

Then there’s the bellend last week when I asked, where’s the bus going after this because theres roadworks and it’s often diverted replied ‘the next stop

Tedious little bald, shitbreathed arsehole

The one who's bus broke down at St Mary's round about looked a bit miserable today like, so did the driver who even though the broken down bus had hazard lights on decided that pulling up behind him was the right thing to do and then his colleague clearly coming through a red at the church to cause chaos at the roundabout. If they ever stick a red light camera on those lights we'd never have about 4 buses left on the roads.

I did say they only want to go home though. I’m saying they don’t purposely run late. They run late due to factors out of their control. Obviously there will be some cases of driver error that causes lateness but that’s gonna be way less often than the other reasons I named.

Thing is, whilst timetables are tight as is it is. I don’t think there’s any way of preventing lateness during peak hours without a massive increase in bus lanes that are correctly policed with cameras.

The school run x2, 9:30 pensioners, matchdays/concerts etc is gonna causes delays whether you like it or not. Drivers then get later and later because they have to keep explaining why they’re late, where a different bus is etc.

I’m not really sure why I’m still biting because there’s no changing some peoples minds.

I’d urge you to apply for the many vacancies going driving buses and see how well you do. Or even just sit in the front seat near the driver and make a mental note on how you’d have kept to time and what could have been done differently to go quicker.
Miss a few stops out.

As a bus wanker,who uses the bus upto 4 times a day for work....i can honestly say theres a fair mix of personalities amongst drivers,as in any profession. But i have to say i honestly think as customer facing staff,most dont fit the bill.i dont expect gold star service,but a simple acknowledgement that I exist ,ie..cheers,thanks or a simple nod when I'm getting on and paying would go a long way...
This strike affects 3 in my family who are going to have to walk,taxi,beg lifts or stay off....recent events ,shortage of drivers,covid etc has unfortunately led to a largely poor opinion of the company to start with.....so on a purely selfish basis ,for me they can go and get fxxxxd like.

As a bus wanker,who uses the bus upto 4 times a day for work....i can honestly say theres a fair mix of personalities amongst drivers,as in any profession. But i have to say i honestly think as customer facing staff,most dont fit the bill.i dont expect gold star service,but a simple acknowledgement that I exist ,ie..cheers,thanks or a simple nod when I'm getting on and paying would go a long way...
This strike affects 3 in my family who are going to have to walk,taxi,beg lifts or stay off....recent events ,shortage of drivers,covid etc has unfortunately led to a largely poor opinion of the company to start with.....so on a purely selfish basis ,for me they can go and get fxxxxd like.
Who, the management/directors or drivers?

All the feckers mate.....causing me ,family and workmates problems....one week of taxis (assuming we can get one) is gonna be around the 200/250 quid mark between 3 of us to get to our minimum wage jobs...so aye f..k them all.

Im not looking at the bigger picture here.....but so what....I'm a selfish twat.

Last edited:
Heard it from the horse’s mouth on here, drivers are only interested in getting back for a cup of tea or to go home.
Not bothered about the timetable or passengers, so they can go and get f*****d.

Just checking 😄 for what it's worth I'm half in agreement with ya😉.... although sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the strike is definitely going ahead...talks broke down today without an agreement ☹️

Heard it from the horse’s mouth on here, drivers are only interested in getting back for a cup of tea or to go home.
Not bothered about the timetable or passengers, so they can go and get f*****d.
Didn’t say that, though. What was said was drivers don’t purposely run late, they want to be running on time too but it’s out of their control.

Didn’t say that, though. What was said was drivers don’t purposely run late, they want to be running on time too but it’s out of their control.
Indeed, it's like people are deliberately taking it out of context to make a point.

Drivers striking to prevent their jobs becoming even worse than they are now can only be a good thing for the traveling public in the long term.

They can't recruit retain staff now, hence the ( none existent) " national driver shortage".

Making the conditions worse will only exasperate it.

Was once told by a driver that they are deliberately running late,waiting til the next bus catches up with theirs ,then both coming together, being as unhelpful to passengers on purpose.....as the more complaints go north east got...the more pressure they would feel under and relent to drivers demands......this just fucked me off more.....

They used to be a Scottish fella who drove the no3 from Hylton Castle who used to give a tourist commentary to the journey.
It was around 2005/6. He would say stuff like"on your right is the Torrens pub, named after the ship built on the yard that sailed to Australia", "the Cauld Lad named after the young lad who haunted the Hylton Castle" and obviously being 2005/6 a comment on how shit the football team was doing.
It was class, the grannies loved it. He was about as upbeat as anyone I've seen do his job. I bet the other drivers f***ing hated him🤣
I believe the driver you refer to is Rev David Hands, who is still "vicaring" in Sunderland. Think he got an MBE for services to god/buses etc. Lovely bloke, used to drive dressed as Santa in run up to Christmas

Maybe they were on a 12 hour shift. With 36 minutes for a break inbetween the 3 rotas.

Maybe they wanted to be on time to have a sandwich and cup of tea when back at the station.

But hey ho think about yourselves.

Have respect for them.
Aye, that would justify shutting the door on a bloke using crutches. They can't miss their sandwich back at the station

:rolleyes:

Back