Burge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t win the league unless you have a good goalie, we have 2 goalkeepers and neither are any good. Both are accidents waiting to happen

Reminds me of the clowns we had in goal in Championship. We will fail again if he doesn’t buck up his ideas. Didn’t think we could sign keepers as bad as the bunch we had in the Championship but both of them look error prone.

And the “other one” has so far managed to throw the ball in our goal and a weak & poor kick straight to the opp leading to a pen

Genuinely hope we haven’t the new Steele & Camp combo for the season.

We’d been pretty solid with keepers for decades, and all of a sudden they’re looking problematic the past few years. Losing McLaughlin could be a big blow

Plus the fact he's basically to small. Compare him him to the monster at the other end today and its just a plain fact its another team choice the manager got wrong today.

Abiding memory of him last season was parrying a cross into the middle of the 6 yard box for Burton to score. Could argue Graham and O'Brien are upgrades on Lafferty and Semenyo but Burge is certainly a downgrade on McLaughlin.

My memory of him is being absolutely bang average at everything, but having a long kick. He played in the early cup games last season and people were saying he was playing well, but I just didn't see it, didn't see him save anything anyone bang average wouldn't have. Cov fans warned about his handling but said he was a good shotstopper but I don't think we've seen real evidence of the latter yet. For me an out of form Jon Mc last season was a step above him, I was hoping I was wrong but he's not inspiring any confidence yet, hoping Matthews is decent.
Has a team ever won a league with a shite keeper?

87 we won the third division with Iain Hesford, who was far from good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back