Bullying and harassment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope, he didn't. He had people point out that his views were suspiciously aligned with another former poster he has made reference to in the third party, and that there was a bizarre alignment with the timings and views he was posting and a new website using part of Sunderland in the name that was posting the same sort of pro China, Russia apologist shite as he was on here.

And some people just want to post ideas and opinions without being harangued to provide justification, and it can feel like bullying when that happens. That's my opinion and I'm not going to provide any insightful or factual evidence of it.

cheese and onion crisps are nicer than prawn cocktail = an idea, an opinion

the earth is flat = an idea, but total bollocks and when proven wrong, that doesn't equate to being bullied. you are entitled to believe that the earth is flat, but don't start claiming you are being unfairly treated and harassed when other people ask for evidence that you can't and never will be able to provide. especially in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary

the same process applies to whether you think climate change is real. or if brexit has had a positive effect on britain. or if the current tory government are fit to run the country. or several mad ideas relating to covid. its perfectly fine to have those opinions and ideas, you are entitled to them, but if someone else provides an abundance of pier reviewed, detailed, real world evidence countering your claim, and you can provide nothing to support it, then don't start crying about being bullied when people laugh at you

I can't comment on the Politics Forum as don't read it, but there are problems on the SMB by a group of posters who seem to think online abuse and bullying is ok. They pick a target and hound them, and anyone who calls them out on it gets abuse sent their way too. What I don't understand is WHY they do it? Why not just live a peaceful life, including time spent on here, and don't be so vile towards other posters?

I can't comment on the Politics Forum as don't read it, but there are problems on the SMB by a group of posters who seem to think online abuse and bullying is ok. They pick a target and hound them, and anyone who calls them out on it gets abuse sent their way too. What I don't understand is WHY they do it? Why not just live a peaceful life, including time spent on here, and don't be so vile towards other posters?
Who?

That only works one way though.
There's a pretty big left wing bias over there, so when a right winger spouts shite, it is as you described. Other way round, and it's not.

I recall a thread whereby one of the right wingers were talking shite. One of the left wingers then called him an offensive word used for downs syndrome. That was not only not condemned, but actually liked by another left winger.
I pulled them up on it, and got 3 or 4 likes (all from the usual right wing crew)

And even when stuff is backed up with facts, if you're on not on the 'correct' side, the debate gets shut down with insults.

It's at the point where it's just becoming tit for tat abuse & not actually trying to debate anything
Understatement of the decade anyone in the centre or god forbid right of centre is not welcome. Not worth the effort posting on there. Post something right of centre on there and see how many jump on you.

Absolutely 100% what I have note over the past week or so. What thrill do they get from following someone and trying to ruin every thread they post on.
I always try and treat others how I would like to be.
Surely it's not hard and you can even just ignore posts that you think are silly or crap.

I've read the whole thread and must say that I'm disappointed that some members feel that bullying of any nature is tacitly tolerated on this site.

Speaking personally and knowing what goes on behind the scenes with other moderators, I can assure you that this is certainly not the case.

As @AB22 Easy Tiger has already pointed out, please use the report button.

If you remain unhappy with a response to any report then you can always pm or tag any online mods.

We may not always agree with you, but I know for a fact that all complaints of this nature are carefully considered.

Posters need your permission to bully you...just don't give it. I often read what might be considered horrendous and liable posts about me, but it's just text on a screen written by someone who's envious of my fab personalty and numerous talents.

ps. Forums are not a compulsory part of life, you can always log out.
The report button is there for a reason.

Bye
For balance, the only time I used the report button I got a load of abuse and sweary stuff...thought it was funny mind :D

Last edited:
I've read the whole thread and must say that I'm disappointed that some members feel that bullying of any nature is tacitly tolerated on this site.

Speaking personally and knowing what goes on behind the scenes with other moderators, I can assure you that this is certainly not the case.

As @AB22 Easy Tiger has already pointed out, please use the report button.

If you remain unhappy with a response to any report then you can always pm or tag any online mods.

We may not always agree with you, but I know for a fact that all complaints of this nature are carefully considered.
Problem is multiple logins panch. This @dandanthetentman is the old norm. He's had about 42 logins and as we've been through sent me threatening pm's.

Am aware you can't moderate that.

Happy to share redacted extracts to show how personal and threatening they were here. Although iirc I has those deleted when I last posted them.

I do understand you can't budget for lunatics.

Problem is multiple logins panch. This @dandanthetentman is the old norm. He's had about 42 logins and as we've been through sent me threatening pm's.

Am aware you can't moderate that.

Happy to share redacted extracts to show how personal and threatening they were here. Although iirc I has those deleted when I last posted them.

I do understand you can't budget for lunatics.
Pm me, if you wish, and I'll have a look.

Perhaps I don't quite get what constitutes online bullying but I rarely notice anything that seems over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back