Bullying and harassment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

it's not really hard, don't jump in a thread and post some total bullshit because you don't agree with what other posters say and you won't get 'bullied' - you don't have to post at all 👍

Reactions: WHD
See the bullies from the politics forum are seeping out onto here.
"They deserved it" "we were right"

They'll be messaging each other and we'll soon have the full gang here.

where has anyone said that?

i don't care who's side anyone is on. all i want is if people are going to post ideas and opinions, that they can be backed up by some sort of insightful or factual evidence.

Reactions: WHD
Having never been on the Politics Forum I can't pass comment on that but I have noticed this week a little bit of bullying on certain threads in the Parsnip section which were totally uncalled for and much ado about nothing too.
A totally pointless exercise from one set of posters and what they get from it I will never understand.
They had a good old go at trying bullying me because I voted Conservative, as I said tried, but failed

You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion '
You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion ' - the

Who is it? Can you give us an example of this bullying? Even just an example of a thread and I'll read it to see if I can see what you see.

I concur there are some absolute knackers and stinkers of takes get posted on there,

But I've also found that even if you provide a well-reasoned and thought out argument on specific topics, the reaction is otherwise no difference because the process is emotional, not logical. Thus the resort to ad hominem is very tempting.

It doesn't matter how smart you think you are, if people don't agree with you, they don't agree with you, and often become nasty.

I concur there are some absolute knackers and stinkers of takes get posted on there,

But I've also found that even if you provide a well-reasoned and thought out argument on specific topics, the reaction is otherwise no difference because the process is emotional, not logical. Thus the resort to ad hominem is very tempting.

It doesn't matter how smart you think you are, if people don't agree with you, they don't agree with you, and often become nasty.

can you give me an example of this? genuinely i never notice it, and i read the politics board more than any other on here.

i'm not asking for a link to a thread, just an anecdotal example.

i've always found that any well reasoned argument leads to healthy debate. prior to 2016 it was much more dynamic, there was interesting take on things flying all over, i learned loads

one of the problems i find is that you'll be having a discussion with someone, and you (me) will provide links to data, studies, articles, facts etc.. that counter what the other person is claiming, thus proving they are taking nonsense, and they simply duck off the thread. then when the subject comes back up a few weeks later, here is that same poster spouting the same nonsense which was disproven earlier. JHH, tynerider and CEF do this all the time.

where has anyone said that?

i don't care who's side anyone is on. all i want is if people are going to post ideas and opinions, that they can be backed up by some sort of insightful or factual evidence.
And some people just want to post ideas and opinions without being harangued to provide justification, and it can feel like bullying when that happens. That's my opinion and I'm not going to provide any insightful or factual evidence of it.

Far too much gets ignored on here, either because people think it's just funny banter, or because they're too scared to challenge the horrible miserable fuckers doing it.

This place can be better. It's up to you to make it better. If you see someone getting bullied on here, say something.

Farewell. Good luck.
Words on a screen from anonymous knackers. If they are bothering you the best thing is report them, stick them on ignore or log off. This place isn’t worth a second of anyone being anxious or bothered.

can you give me an example of this? genuinely i never notice it, and i read the politics board more than any other on here.

i'm not asking for a link to a thread, just an anecdotal example.

i've always found that any well reasoned argument leads to healthy debate. prior to 2016 it was much more dynamic, there was interesting take on things flying all over, i learned loads

one of the problems i find is that you'll be having a discussion with someone, and you (me) will provide links to data, studies, articles, facts etc.. that counter what the other person is claiming, thus proving they are taking nonsense, and they simply duck off the thread. then when the subject comes back up a few weeks later, here is that same poster spouting the same nonsense which was disproven earlier. JHH, tynerider and CEF do this all the time.

Yeah I agree they are all absolute knackers, so I don't really have any sympathy for the to and fro regarding them on Politics.

But personally speaking, I've been subject to some vicious attacks on this board and it always comes in a "group" pattern.

I read the forum more than I post and I can honestly say I've seen only a handful of bullying incidents over the years. Most of the time its posters throwing the rattle out the pram when they've been shown up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back