Bullying and harassment on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullying to one person is a harmless pisstake to another and what is perceived by that person is what it is.
I’m not sure how it’s bullying mind on here when there things in place to stop that. Log off, block, put on ignore or report it are all available.
It’s not like we have to get involved in social media like we needed to go to school or work and as a grown up we as individuals and adults need to take control of where we are going and not rely on others all the time.
Wear a pink tutu as far as I’m concerned, I might think it’s weird but it’s your tutu so wear it

Bullying to one person is a harmless pisstake to another and what is perceived by that person is what it is.
I’m not sure how it’s bullying mind on here when there things in place to stop that. Log off, block, put on ignore or report it are all available.
It’s not like we have to get involved in social media like we needed to go to school or work and as a grown up we as individuals and adults need to take control of where we are going and not rely on others all the time.
Wear a pink tutu as far as I’m concerned, I might think it’s weird but it’s your tutu so wear it

Whether something is bullying or not is not about the victim and how they deal with it though is it.
I can be on a long ban and have threads all about me with terrible stuff in them. My family's facebook posts about my niece being born posted to try and say I gave birth to her etc

In the most part it doesn't really put me off my stride but having to talk my luddite family through privacy settings and explain it is because some keyboard warriors have decided to go hunting for children to weaponise is a conversation I'd rather not have had to have several times.
It isn't about me and how I feel it is about the ridiculous actions of such posters.

I’ve never even looked at let alone post. I’m here because SAFC is my team and is what unites us, I look at the SMB and that as far as it goes.

Why on earth would anybody expect to have agreement on a political forum. As you get older, you realise that whatever colour the party they are all career politicians there for the rinse, donations and lobbying with the odd exception, ie messers Benn & Mullins and the like.

Half the lies they tell you are not true.
Nobody really goes on it anymore, as anyone that disagrees is abused, and subject to a pile on. So there is now generally agreement on all subjects (although it's the same lazy subjects discussed repeatedly).
It's got to the point where they've got no one to tear apart and so resort to tagging people they know will not agree with them, in the hope that they'll respond, and they can all vent their pent up anger.

Nobody really goes on it anymore, as anyone that disagrees is abused, and subject to a pile on. So there is now generally agreement on all subjects (although it's the same lazy subjects discussed repeatedly).
It's got to the point where they've got no one to tear apart and so resort to tagging people they know will not agree with them, in the hope that they'll respond, and they can all vent their pent up anger.

I’ve browsed stealthy this morning for the very first time following the OP’s post and noticed ABET’s sticky at the top with a fast track link. I actually get the concept of the forum to keep it out the mainstream and it’s a good thing. Simply just press the link and abstain from it all, it’s a no brainer really.

You and Tinyliar still frequent it. Although several pals of yours left just days after clown man's resignation(a complete coincidence of course😜)

Reactions: WHD
[/QUOTE]
There’s a terrible poster (contributor). He posts some horrendous stuff and never gets checked.
He leads a small group who bully and tussle their way through each politics thread. Rather than address the issue we get told ‘so’ you don’t like the politics forum well ignore it. :lol:

It's pretty obvious who you mean. He's a strange character, one day you can have a laugh with him the next day he hates you. Has this desperate and pathetic need to get into arguments. I've seen lads on here prove him wrong but then he just gets more abusive. Been banned more times than I've changed my socks. I got sick of him and stuck him on ignore. I don't like using the ignore but it can make a forum a better place.

remember bullies generally have home troubles.

Their wife’s will be getting shafted by someone they know but they are too scared to challenge it so take it out on here.

They have no mates and their only social lives is drinking cheap lager or shite wine threatening on here and giving virtual high fives with blokes they have never met

I disagree with most of your politics but you're right about that forum . Its actually quite sad to see what some in there have become in the pursuit of on line ego . A few decent lads gone west mentally creating a strange reality
I've hit the hide forum button on it

remember bullies generally have home troubles and little cocks.

Their wife’s will be getting shafted by someone they know but they are too scared to challenge it so take it out on here.

They have no mates and their only social lives is drinking cheap lager or shite wine threatening on here and giving virtual high fives with blokes they have never met

You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion '
You only get 'bullied' on the politics forum if you post utter shite without being able to back it up with facts and information. It's not difficult.

If you come on and spout something like '10,000 immigrants a day are coming into the UK illegally and that's why the NHS is on its knees' - okay I'm paraphrasing but that's the type of shite that gets posted - then don't claim you are being bullied when people ask where you get your information from, and call you out when links are provided giving actual evidence to the contrary. Or claiming that climate change isn't real. That's not just 'a different opinion ' - the

Who is it? Can you give us an example of this bullying? Even just an example of a thread and I'll read it to see if I can see what you see.

That only works one way though.
There's a pretty big left wing bias over there, so when a right winger spouts shite, it is as you described. Other way round, and it's not.

I recall a thread whereby one of the right wingers were talking shite. One of the left wingers then called him an offensive word used for downs syndrome. That was not only not condemned, but actually liked by another left winger.
I pulled them up on it, and got 3 or 4 likes (all from the usual right wing crew)

And even when stuff is backed up with facts, if you're on not on the 'correct' side, the debate gets shut down with insults.

It's at the point where it's just becoming tit for tat abuse & not actually trying to debate anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back