Buisy day on the roads today

Supermarkets will be horrendous too.
I had to do our Christmas Day food shop on me todd yesterday because the wife has been ill all week and it wasn’t too bad then, but aye I reckon today will be. Aldi was rammed down the meat aisle but wasn’t bad apart from that aisle, and Sainsburys at the Galleries was alright as well a lot quieter than I thought it’d be.

Did the Christmas in person shop on Wednesday making sure nothing had a sell by date of anything less than boxing day.
Delivery slot has been booked in for Saturday for 3 months and all the heavy/bulky stuff is on that.

No doubt the shops will be rammed on Sunday and they'll be breaking the doors down on boxing day as they've run out of everything.
Honestly, the shops are shut for 1 friggin' day man.

Supermarkets will be horrendous too.

Silky Sainsburys was at about half nine. Full of the kind of people with two trolleys who bump into people they know and decide it would be good for the four of them to stand in the aisle with their four trolleys having a good old social catch-up, and the usual customers who just halt and freeze for no apparent reason other than to communicate with the mothership in orbit. When you finally escape you can't get the car out for people doing manoeuvres an inch at a time. Glad that's all done.

just back from tescos at the wheatsheaf, queues to get a trolly, took an hour to get through checkouts.

Did my Tesco click and collect this morning and if the car park and the maniacal driving around it are anything to go by, the aisles in the actual shop will have been mayhem. Me? : Copacetic.

Did my Tesco click and collect this morning and if the car park and the maniacal driving around it are anything to go by, the aisles in the actual shop will have been mayhem. Me? : Copacetic.

Similar, ordered online last night to collect this morning. The lad who brought the shopping out reckoned the queue for the tills was two hours.

Back