Building Work On Holiday

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date

The noise bad enough then they decided to blast music to try and drown out the power tool noise, only it seemed to be a CD of bizarre 90's Europop that should have stayed in the 90's. This was the was the day I'd booked to redeem my free massage voucher, only "the spa" was just couple of gazebos next to the pool, so it wasn't very relaxing with all that going on a few feet from my head :lol:
Oh no!!! Maybe the building work noise would have been preferable afterall! :lol:

This happened to a mate of mine in April , a phone call the week before telling him of noisy work nearby, can move you to a different hotel ( better ) for an extra charge , he politely declined , they stuck to their guns so he asked for a full refund, he moved to the better hotel free of charge, imagine the goodwill they could generate if they’d just moved him in the first place ?
Exactly! And good for him for not giving in. I have taken note! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Stayed in an Airbnb in Bergen last year and the entire street out the front was dug up. They started work at 7am every morning so the fella gave us a night for nowt to apologise for not letting us know. Decent considering we were only there for three nights but we would have stopped somewhere else had we known beforehand. We were up at 7am most mornings anyway so it wasn’t a huge problem, but getting down the street was a bit of a nightmare, especially with bags.

los gigantes is so mind-numbingly boring that a bit construction site noise will probably be the highlight of the holiday.
Oh god, really???:eek:

Agreed I'd be asking to get transferred to some where in Costa Adeji
Never been to either, but I'll keep that in mind fir when TUI eventually phone me back. Thanku x

Stayed in an Airbnb in Bergen last year and the entire street out the front was dug up. They started work at 7am every morning so the fella gave us a night for nowt to apologise for not letting us know. Decent considering we were only there for three nights but we would have stopped somewhere else had we known beforehand. We were up at 7am most mornings anyway so it wasn’t a huge problem, but getting down the street was a bit of a nightmare, especially with bags.
Its just not what you need/want on holiday is it. Nightmare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, really???:eek:

Never been to either, but I'll keep that in mind fir when TUI eventually phone me back. Thanku x

Its just not what you need/want on holiday is it. Nightmare.

There was a coffee place on the same street directly opposite the house we were staying in and it would taken 15mins to get to it because we’d have to walk all the way along to the end of the road and back again. Fuck knows what work they were doing.

This happened to a mate of mine in April , a phone call the week before telling him of noisy work nearby, can move you to a different hotel ( better ) for an extra charge , he politely declined , they stuck to their guns so he asked for a full refund, he moved to the better hotel free of charge, imagine the goodwill they could generate if they’d just moved him in the first place ?

I have no idea- but they rang up and explained to Thomas Cook and they offered them a discount. They should be some kind of rules on this.

Sounds like TUI have form then. Hope your sister was able to enjoy the rest of her holiday once they upgraded her.

Shite isnt it! Just hope they move us or if not, that its finished by the time we get there. Dont fancy sunbathing next to a crane :lol:x

Stick to your guns as they did and I’m sure you’ll be fine. Take it to management etc because that’s what they done and they had a great time.

Funny pet name for your missus...

Update! Penultimate night here in Los Gigantes and we had nothing to worry about. All building work was complete by the time we arrived and we've had a great holiday. Just done the hotel quiz, we didnt win, but we did call our team name "I'm from Wallsend, he's from Wallsend" and had a little chuckle at the spanish lady quizmaster's pronounciation 🤭

Update! Penultimate night here in Los Gigantes and we had nothing to worry about. All building work was complete by the time we arrived and we've had a great holiday. Just done the hotel quiz, we didnt win, but we did call our team name "I'm from Wallsend, he's from Wallsend" and had a little chuckle at the spanish lady quizmaster's pronounciation 🤭

Pleased you've had a great holiday 🥳🍷

Back