Building Work On Holiday

• Thread starter Deleted member 44322
  • Start date

Anyone had any experience of this before at a hotel you were staying at?

We go to Tenerife 4 weeks today and the hotel we are meant to be going to has major building work taking place. Reviews/photos on Trip Advisor all complain about it. Rang TUI today and they are referring us to Head Office (they will call back within 48 hours :rolleyes:)

Just wondering what our rights are? Do we have to go? I'd rather not if we are staying on a building site.

Sack it off ASAP

Looks fine to me.

Big crane is a temp one so in 4 weeks chances it isn't there. Main renovations on a restaurant. Chances are that will be about done. Looks like they are getting it all done before peak season

I would t worry. Think of the positives.. you will have a nice new place to eat

A quick Google says restaurant is die to reopen 1st July

Last edited:

We go to Tenerife 4 weeks today and the hotel we are meant to be going to has major building work taking place. Reviews/photos on Trip Advisor all complain about it. Rang TUI today and they are referring us to Head Office (they will call back within 48 hours :rolleyes:)

Just wondering what our rights are? Do we have to go? I'd rather not if we are staying on a building site.

Just get yersell there man woman. A bit building work never hurt no-one. I'd have been more concerned about the reports of the rats.

Aww that's rubbish that! Hope you managed to get moved xx

They were busy finishing off putting a slide in where we went last year and that was just a couple of days of work. That was bad enough never mind heavy building work. Bairns enjoyed the slide when it was finished like.

My sister (no) had that problem with TUI in Tenerife last year.

They got offered a discount and declined it, they changed it and got upgraded and refused to pay the upgrade fee.

Looks fine to me.

Big crane is a temp one so in 4 weeks chances it isn't there. Main renovations on a restaurant. Chances are that will be about done. Looks like they are getting it all done before peak season

I would t worry. Think of the positives.. you will have a nice new place to eat

A quick Google says restaurant is die to reopen 1st July
Ah thats great info, thanku so much!! I must say I know nowt about cranes and drills! :D

Just get yersell there man woman. A bit building work never hurt no-one. I'd have been more concerned about the reports of the rats.
Reports of rats?????:eek: Please god no :-O

Last edited by a moderator:

They got offered a discount and declined it, they changed it and got upgraded and refused to pay the upgrade fee.
Sounds like TUI have form then. Hope your sister was able to enjoy the rest of her holiday once they upgraded her.

Aww that's rubbish that! Hope you managed to get moved xx

They were busy finishing off putting a slide in where we went last year and that was just a couple of days of work. That was bad enough never mind heavy building work. Bairns enjoyed the slide when it was finished like.
Shite isnt it! Just hope they move us or if not, that its finished by the time we get there. Dont fancy sunbathing next to a crane :lol:x

I've just lived next to a building site for 18 months. It was finally completed back in April, and it's total bliss now. As long as you're not around during the day, it's bearable, but nothing really prepares you for the endless whining of saws, and hammering of wood if you just want to laze out in the sun.

Shite isnt it! Just hope they move us or if not, that its finished by the time we get there. Dont fancy sunbathing next to a crane :lol:x

The noise bad enough then they decided to blast music to try and drown out the power tool noise, only it seemed to be a CD of bizarre 90's Europop that should have stayed in the 90's. This was the was the day I'd booked to redeem my free massage voucher, only "the spa" was just couple of gazebos next to the pool, so it wasn't very relaxing with all that going on a few feet from my head :lol:

Disney hotel had construction going on last year. I knew before we booked and it made no difference, in some ways it was better.
How was it better like?! :lol:

I’ve had a good think and can’t think of one thing where there’s a positive of having building work done. Unless you’ve got a tool fetish

This happened to a mate of mine in April , a phone call the week before telling him of noisy work nearby, can move you to a different hotel ( better ) for an extra charge , he politely declined , they stuck to their guns so he asked for a full refund, he moved to the better hotel free of charge, imagine the goodwill they could generate if they’d just moved him in the first place ?

How was it better like?! :lol:

I’ve had a good think and can’t think of one thing where there’s a positive of having building work done. Unless you’ve got a tool fetish

By the time I got the there work was minimal and they had a full buffet breakfast for one qs credit. So overall it wasn't that bad.

Back