Budapest

wakey

Midfield
Has anyone ever been?

Looking at taking the missus but as I'm skint I'm looking at staying about 2 miles out of city centre anyone any ideas what public transport or taxis is like there?

Thanks in advance

Class place. Cheap as chips. Can't remember most of my stay and what I do remember is just merged with memories of Vienna, Prague and some other Czechoslovakian town we stopped off in during our mini tour of that part of the World. Would do it all over again in a heartbeat though. :lol:

February school holidays (girlfriends a trainee teacher) so anytime between 18-26 February for maybe 3 or 4 nights budget is moderate roughly £500-£550 maybe

https://www.expedia.co.uk/Budapest-...p_curr=GBP&exp_pg=HSR&inttkn=ViERL0UKswd268v1

That's the deal I was looking at

It's dirt cheap if you're happy with a 3 star hotel. We stayed for 3 nights outside of Blaha Lujza tér station and it cost £50. Nice enough hotel and couldn't get a better location. Always sacrifice hotel quality if you're on a budget, you're only going to be in it for sleeping anyway.

It's dirt cheap if you're happy with a 3 star hotel. We stayed for 3 nights outside of Blaha Lujza tér station and it cost £50. Nice enough hotel and couldn't get a better location. Always sacrifice hotel quality if you're on a budget, you're only going to be in it for sleeping anyway.
Exactly my thoughts not going to be in it long really as long as can get to the city centre easy enough it's a bargain especially school holiday time

Exactly my thoughts not going to be in it long really as long as can get to the city centre easy enough it's a bargain especially school holiday time

For what it's worth 3 nights is more than enough time in the city. It's a really nice place and it's dirt cheap, but 4 nights is just a night too many I think. Get a decent rated 3 star hotel anywhere in the city centre and it'll be pennies between you, public transport is dirt cheap and easy to get about. I found it a very safe city as well to walk everywhere at night. Anar everyone says it but it's worth a visit to those ruin bars, even just for a couple to have a look about, cool idea.

We went with that theory and immediately regretted it when we arrived. :eek: nee carpets, doors that didn't lock, shared facilities, open house policy, wild rabbits running about and shitting all over the place etc. We spent the first night desperately searching for different accommodation. 3 of us stumbled upon the place again 2 nights later when we were mortal. We decided to test to see if we could gain access and ended up in the room we had vacated. Spent an hour in the kitchen helping ourselves to the cans in the fridge then fucked off up the road. :oops:

edit: this wasn't a 3 star hotel mind. I can imagine 3 star hotels would be fair cheap and free from wild rabbits :lol:

We went with that theory and immediately regretted it when we arrived. :eek: nee carpets, doors that didn't lock, shared facilities, open house policy, wild rabbits running about and shitting all over the place etc. We spent the first night desperately searching for different accommodation. 3 of us stumbled upon the place again 2 nights later when we were mortal. We decided to test to see if we could gain access and ended up in the room we had vacated. Spent an hour in the kitchen helping ourselves to the cans in the fridge then fucked off up the road. :oops:

f***ing hell. :lol: Ours was topper like, can't believe it was only £50 for 3 night anarl, cheapest place I've booked. Quality was fine, decent shower, big enough room, free bottle of wine on arrival (though no bottle opener :lol: ). Only complaint would be the smell of smoke from next door.

For what it's worth 3 nights is more than enough time in the city. It's a really nice place and it's dirt cheap, but 4 nights is just a night too many I think. Get a decent rated 3 star hotel anywhere in the city centre and it'll be pennies between you, public transport is dirt cheap and easy to get about. I found it a very safe city as well to walk everywhere at night. Anar everyone says it but it's worth a visit to those ruin bars, even just for a couple to have a look about, cool idea.
Yeah can get 3 nights in city centre 4 or 4.5 star hotel with flights for like 220-250 each so might be a better idea cheers

f***ing hell. :lol: Ours was topper like, can't believe it was only £50 for 3 night anarl, cheapest place I've booked. Quality was fine, decent shower, big enough room, free bottle of wine on arrival (though no bottle opener :lol: ). Only complaint would be the smell of smoke from next door.

to be fair, we had booked a proper plush hotel in Prague and said if we were going to tour Europe we must experience the best and the worst so went to the opposite end of the scale for Budapest. Walls had nee wallpaper and the people "in charge" actively encouraged you to scribble graffiti all over the place. Canny experience mind :lol: we moved into a hostel ran by arrogant Aussie backpackers. Canny enough place (clean enough) but the Aussies shared our room and we didn't really get on so ended up in some canny arguments after a few beers.

Class city. Make sure you do the natural spring baths, the underground hospital, the house of terror, the open top bus tour, the Jewish shoes, the Basilica (climb to the top views are f***ing immense). If you happen to bump into Nadia who I rented an apartment off tell her I haven't changed my number if she wants to text me back. She was seriously fkn fit and looked sheer filth.

Class city. Make sure you do the natural spring baths, the underground hospital, the house of terror, the open top bus tour, the Jewish shoes, the Basilica (climb to the top views are f***ing immense). If you happen to bump into Nadia who I rented an apartment off tell her I haven't changed my number if she wants to text me back. She was seriously fkn fit and looked sheer filth.

forgot all about going to the Basilica. Highly recommended.

Logon or register to see this image

surely airbnb will be the way to go

bit of a fuck on registering mind
Tried to work it out as separates would cost more with flights and stuff so staying in a mercure 4* in city centre with good time flights for £472 for 3 nights flights alone were £383 with stupid times like arriving late night and leaving early hours

Back