Budapest

We went with that theory and immediately regretted it when we arrived. :eek: nee carpets, doors that didn't lock, shared facilities, open house policy, wild rabbits running about and shitting all over the place etc. We spent the first night desperately searching for different accommodation. 3 of us stumbled upon the place again 2 nights later when we were mortal. We decided to test to see if we could gain access and ended up in the room we had vacated. Spent an hour in the kitchen helping ourselves to the cans in the fridge then fucked off up the road. :oops:

edit: this wasn't a 3 star hotel mind. I can imagine 3 star hotels would be fair cheap and free from wild rabbits :lol:

Christ bet that was cheap like!

Christ bet that was cheap like!

:lol: too right it was.

To give you a mental image: it was like an abandoned mansion that had been taken over by squatters.

We had a proper posh hotel in Prague and a class apartment which was massive in Vienna so experienced just about every sort of accommodation. I'm desperately searching for the hostel we stopped in in Buda but it's probably been closed down. :lol:

Has anyone ever been?

Looking at taking the missus but as I'm skint I'm looking at staying about 2 miles out of city centre anyone any ideas what public transport or taxis is like there?

Thanks in advance

Aye you'll be fine it's not expensive mate. Try airbnb as suggested as well.

Nice place

I seen none of it mate. Was absolutely wiped out with some vile illness. The lads swore blind that the boat trip thingy they done in Cesky was the best part of the trip but I was wiped out. We arrived a few hours early so put the bags behind the reception and the lads went out. I curled up into the foetal position in reception and went to sleep. :lol:

:lol: brilliant.

Cesky was quality when I went.

Presume by river trip you mean the rafts and rapids. Had a great day going down next to sone Aussies.

Had an excellent medieval banquet at the castle too for about 4 quid.

Can't remember much else of it as someone gave me a large potent shot of local absinthe it took a couple of days to recover from.

@wakey take your clubs there's some topper courses in Budapest - your lass won't mind :lol: we go regular cos the in-laws live half an hour from it - topper city, loads to do but pretty spread out so an underground map and idea of what you want to see is a good idea.

To those on about cesky krumlov, its nice, its picturesque, its tiny and overrun with american and jap tourists and its very very boring

Nice place, loads to do, public transports is really good. We had to change hotels because the one we stayed in was horrendous and miles away from anything.

Has anyone ever been?

Looking at taking the missus but as I'm skint I'm looking at staying about 2 miles out of city centre anyone any ideas what public transport or taxis is like there?

Thanks in advance
What hotel are you looking at?

@wakey take your clubs there's some topper courses in Budapest - your lass won't mind :lol: we go regular cos the in-laws live half an hour from it - topper city, loads to do but pretty spread out so an underground map and idea of what you want to see is a good idea.

To those on about cesky krumlov, its nice, its picturesque, its tiny and overrun with american and jap tourists and its very very boring
I don't think I'd be able to sneak the clubs on the plane like

I am just about to book a few days in Budapest purely on the strength of reading this thread

Is that hotel quite central mate ?

I'm looking at that one now, seems reasonable at £180 for 4 nights
Yeah got a cracking deal good time flights and 3 nights for £230ish quid

Back