Bucket list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest, I’ve done most of mine.TRaveled to 82 countries, lived in 3. Travel is the thing that excites me most.

I’ve jumped out of a plane, which was my other great wish.

One thing I’d like to do, but never will is to patent something

I’ve also had a woman on every continent except Aus and Antartica - noy sure I'll complete that list.

Last edited:
To drive from Sunderland to Sorrento and back via wherever we feel like whilst listening to Mantovani. We are supposed to be doing this in summer 2020 but haven't even begun working on the logistics yet.
To go on tour with the British & Irish Lions, probably Australia. Don't fancy following them around South Africa or New Zealand.

I only ever have one thing at a time on my bucket list. I do it then add a new one. My current one is Dive with Orcas.

In the past it’s been:
See the pyramids
Dive with Sharks
Dive with Whale Sharks
See Lions in the Serengeti
See wild Orangutans
See the Grand Canyon
Dive the Sardine Run
Dive with Mantas
Snorkel with Humpback Whales

Slightly dive-skewed, mind. Haven’t dived in a while now

I guess it depends whether you recognise Kosovo, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Transnistria. The UK only recognises Kosovo so based on that, I've visited 16/51. Some way to go!!

Done (16)
Austria
Belgium
Croatia
Czechia
Denmark
France
Germany
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Netherlands
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
United Kingdom

To do (35)
Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Estonia
Finland
Georgia
Greece
Hungary
Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
North Macedonia
Norway
Poland
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Switzerland
Ukraine
Vatican City

Pointless imo. If you’re just ticking places off for the sake of it you’ll have some rather miserable trips.

Kiwi lass I worked with was absolutely obsessed with doing this. Trying to talk to her about places she could go on mini breaks too before she moved back to NZ permanently and she outright refused to entertain going to Paris, Bordeaux or Lyon for the weekend because she’d “already done France” having driven through the town of Metz on her way to somewhere else obscure.

There’s a reason why people haven’t visited these places and it’s because there’s fuck all there.

Last NZ tour was a draw (1-1-1) and we were robbed in the last test.
I remember that. Still think we'd be second favourites and might even struggle against provincial sides, we had some tough games against them in 2017. Mind if the dates dovetailed with me & my mates time off we would be easily convinced to tour NZ instead of waiting for Australia.

Anyone got anything they really wanna do before they pop their clogs?
Would love to see the pyramids and valley of the kings,
Oh and cock sparrer!
Get up the big hill at the start of the monthly Cragside free run without stopping!
Northern Lights.
Tour Western Islands of Scotland.
Complete the 26mile cancer walk from Alnwick to Bamburgh in the Summer.
Tour Scandanavia.
All achievable except the first one i suspect!

Pointless imo. If you’re just ticking places off for the sake of it you’ll have some rather miserable trips.

Kiwi lass I worked with was absolutely obsessed with doing this. Trying to talk to her about places she could go on mini breaks too before she moved back to NZ permanently and she outright refused to entertain going to Paris, Bordeaux or Lyon for the weekend because she’d “already done France” having driven through the town of Metz on her way to somewhere else obscure.

There’s a reason why people haven’t visited these places and it’s because there’s fuck all there.
I have my whole life to do it so I'm definitely not just ticking them off. I've been to Germany about half a dozen times and France dozens.

One real bugbear of mine is when people say they've "done" a country. :lol:

I have my whole life to do it so I'm definitely not just ticking them off. I've been to Germany about half a dozen times and France dozens.

One real bugbear of mine is when people say they've "done" a country. :lol:

What is it about Albania that makes you want to go there?

Nope.
I think that "bucket lists" are a load of bollocks.
If you want to do something, then go and f***ing do it FFS
Isn’t that what a Bucket List is?

I have a few ticked off the last few years. Still want to visit Egypt, walk across The Golden Gate Bridge, finish a marathon sub 5h, own a cottage in Northumberland, master the Rubiks Cube, write a book and a few others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back