Bruce Springsteen

Pictures of people having a mint time? Aye the music must be awful mate - also Gatecrasher is one of the most popular events in 'dance' music so you thinking it's shite is your opinion but doesn't really count for much. Also if you think all that

Besides, Gatecrasher is an event I went to last year, it's not the only electronic music I'm into, so your point is moot. Tomorrow I'm in Sheffield for Dmitri From Paris - any thoughts on that? Shite electronic music? Saturday night I drive back home and my rock'n'roll cover band are playing a gig in Newcastle, just like we have done every weekend since August, we aren't taking any more bookings until the new year, it's been mad but class since we are relatively new and finding our feet.

I was a successful club DJ until about 5 years ago, producing music as well as playing the club scene. There is little doubt if you are from Sunderland that you will have been to one of my events or nights before. I was a radio DJ on an FM radio station for about 3 years with a music show. I've been in bands since I was 17 years old (some better than others I'll admit :lol:) so I've been involved and contributing to the music scene since I was a bairn.

I've been on tour with the Vaccines, went to a Fulham game with Example after interviewing him for radio and my sexual claim to fame is getting with Charlotte Cooper from the Subways - so I've been right in the music scene you could say.

But yeah mate, I once went to Gatecrasher so my taste in music must be shite. No doubt you are at the absolute forefront of new music and have your finger on your pulse of what is hot and what is not. I can just tell Thackeray mate.

In fairness, everything in bold is/was shite. ;)

Pictures of people having a mint time? Aye the music must be awful mate - also Gatecrasher is one of the most popular events in 'dance' music so you thinking it's shite is your opinion but doesn't really count for much. Also if you think all that

Besides, Gatecrasher is an event I went to last year, it's not the only electronic music I'm into, so your point is moot. Tomorrow I'm in Sheffield for Dmitri From Paris - any thoughts on that? Shite electronic music? Saturday night I drive back home and my rock'n'roll cover band are playing a gig in Newcastle, just like we have done every weekend since August, we aren't taking any more bookings until the new year, it's been mad but class since we are relatively new and finding our feet.

I was a successful club DJ until about 5 years ago, producing music as well as playing the club scene. There is little doubt if you are from Sunderland that you will have been to one of my events or nights before. I was a radio DJ on an FM radio station for about 3 years with a music show. I've been in bands since I was 17 years old (some better than others I'll admit :lol:) so I've been involved and contributing to the music scene since I was a bairn.

I've been on tour with the Vaccines, went to a Fulham game with Example after interviewing him for radio and my sexual claim to fame is getting with Charlotte Cooper from the Subways - so I've been right in the music scene you could say.

But yeah mate, I once went to Gatecrasher so my taste in music must be shite. No doubt you are at the absolute forefront of new music and have your finger on your pulse of what is hot and what is not. I can just tell Thackeray mate.
Don't bother justifying your tastes on here. Anyone who looks down on another's taste in music is probably an insecure bore. IMHO.

For a while now Springsteen.net has been selling the archive series - a once a month release of various Springsteen concerts. It costs me $9.99 (half of that on Black Friday) for normally a 3 hour + show. All remixed and remastered. And all major tours except The Rising have been featured so far.

Despite being a man of fine and varied musical taste and ability, The Boss is one artist I have never ever took the time out to get into, despite probably being the kind of stuff that I would love.

As an absolute Springsteen amateur starting fresh, where would you suggest I start? Is there a particular album, just start at the beginning and work my way through the albums, or a greatest hits effort?

All sensible and stupid replies are welcome.

Mux

My personal favourite is the River, but i would strongly recommend getting the box set of his first 7 cds which of course includes Darkness, Born to Run, The River and Born in the USA. Its called The Collection 1973-1984 and you can get in crom Amazon for £18. Ythats less than 3 quid per cd and is great value

Darkness
Born to Run
River
Wild, innocent and e street shuffle
Nebraska
Born in USA
Greetings from Asbury park

available in one box set for just £18 on amazon

Last edited:
My personal favourite is the River, but i would strongly recommend getting the box set of his first 7 cds which of course includes Darkness, Born to Run, The River and Born in the USA. Its called The Collection 1973-1984 and you can get in crom Amazon for £18. Ythats less than 3 quid per cd and is great value

Got a link for this mate? Looking on there now and can't see it.

Some bargain that...

In fairness, everything in bold is/was shite. ;)
Ex-f***ing-scuse me?

Jesus Christ, how f***ing sensitive?

You posted on the Gatecrasher thread, I read it and thought "surprised he's into that shite". Next morning you start a thread with how great your taste in music is, so I drop a mildly sarcastic comment, and then you go on like I've personally insulted your missus.

With reference to the last sentence of your hissy fit, you can tell fuck all.

Last edited:
Despite being a man of fine and varied musical taste and ability, The Boss is one artist I have never ever took the time out to get into, despite probably being the kind of stuff that I would love.

As an absolute Springsteen amateur starting fresh, where would you suggest I start? Is there a particular album, just start at the beginning and work my way through the albums, or a greatest hits effort?

All sensible and stupid replies are welcome.

Mux

Havent read any of the replies so apologies if this is repeating others. As an absolute disciple to the Boss I would go in this order,

Born to Run. An absolute, 100%, stone wall bona fide classsic. Possibly the greatest album ever made ( although personally not my favourite BS record ). Thunder Road is in my opinion his greatest track so that put along Born to Run, 10th Avenue freeze out, Jungleland and Backstreets, and you have musical perfection.

Born in the USA. Fully established him as the biggest rock star on the planet, for good reason. Monster hit after monster hit. It can get labelled a tad cheesy but i absolutely love it. All killer no filler.

Darkness on the edge of Town.
My personal favorite and my favorite album of all time. It's dark, sinister, angry and the sound of a young man with a lot to say. Badlands is possibly the greatest album opener of all time ( or is it thunder road ). The title track, Racing in the street, Promised land are incredible.

The River Double LP of straight up good old fashioned rock n roll. Throw in some slower numbers such as the title track and you get yet another masterpiece. The River tour goes down as peak Bruce live also.

Nebraska Just Bruce and a four track singing harrowing, dark tales of woe. Again a masterpiece of a record.

Havent read any of the replies so apologies if this is repeating others. As an absolute disciple to the Boss I would go in this order,

Born to Run. An absolute, 100%, stone wall bona fide classsic. Possibly the greatest album ever made ( although personally not my favourite BS record ). Thunder Road is in my opinion his greatest track so that put along Born to Run, 10th Avenue freeze out, Jungleland and Backstreets, and you have musical perfection.

Born in the USA. Fully established him as the biggest rock star on the planet, for good reason. Monster hit after monster hit. It can get labelled a tad cheesy but i absolutely love it. All killer no filler.

Darkness on the edge of Town.
My personal favorite and my favorite album of all time. It's dark, sinister, angry and the sound of a young man with a lot to say. Badlands is possibly the greatest album opener of all time ( or is it thunder road ). The title track, Racing in the street, Promised land are incredible.

The River Double LP of straight up good old fashioned rock n roll. Throw in some slower numbers such as the title track and you get yet another masterpiece. The River tour goes down as peak Bruce live also.

Nebraska Just Bruce and a four track singing harrowing, dark tales of woe. Again a masterpiece of a record.
Class mate thanks! Just the kind of input I was looking for.

Turns out there's some proper Bruce fans on here like! Mad with him being a Geordie and that!! ;)

Oh and @Thackeray chill out man I'm just winding you up - I blow my own trumpet on here all the time but I'm generally just f***ing about (although I am mint like). You're a canny poster but it's been funny biting at each other all day but I'll call a truce now mate :D

Last edited:

Back