Brown and O'shea

Status
Not open for further replies.

People keep saying Brown will be fourth choice etc no he won't kaboul has played about 7 games in two season and Coates is always injured its madness going into the season with Brown and o shea we need another centre back

Can anyone remember when Gary Neville had to retire half way thru a season because he kept getting his arsenal torn out

Ive been saying it for ages about those two at CB, I keep getting shot down in flames but sooner rather than later you'll all come around to my way of thinking, they are sliding quicker than Paolo at the landfill......

Nope, I've been on your side on this one for months.

And people continue to be blind to how it affects our complete set up, playing so deep and having to have two defensive midfielders to protect them, this negating our attacking play. We need a serious turnaround to shake off this bad hangover.

They looked fine, they are fine, we have also just signed 2 centre backs

why people continue to pick on JOS is beyond me

everyone in the country knows our problem is we lack pace, creativity and goals

yet we pick on the defence, even though its the main reason we stayed up

One that couldn't get in the team ahead of these two for most of last season and another that had a serious knee problem, yeah, sounds really promising
Coates struggled for fitness and wasn't really suited to poyet's style, he looked much better under Advocaat and if he starts this season how he finished the last we have got ourselves a bargain imo.

The defence is one of the main reasons we lack creativity. The midfield has to sit so deep to cover for their lack of pace we rarely have the numbers going forwards to make anything happen. We got lucky, because from MoN's time we know that backs to the wall defending all game means we're just losing 1-0 all the time.

My main worry with the defence is that Coates, Brown and Kaboul over the last few years have all spent a hell of a lot of time out injured. Coupled with the fact we only have 3 full backs, including Jones who again doesn't have the best injury record, and Matthews who has also spent a lot of time out

We could have no defence by christmas

Ive been saying it for ages about those two at CB, I keep getting shot down in flames but sooner rather than later you'll all come around to my way of thinking, they are sliding quicker than Paolo at the landfill......
I've said it since they day they both signed tbf, Brown was a great defender in his day , injuries were always the worry with him, but Coco has never been a good centre back, he's a\was a utility player, alright stick in in an emergency, unfortunately even that's beyond him now, both should have been shown the door years ago.

Logon or register to see this image

Dick will start with these two.

It would be risky starting with any other partnership but clearly you would expect Coates and Kaboul to be the eventual pairing at the end f the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back