Broken Toe

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember being made to carry the bottom of a netball post when I was about 9 (teacher was a bitch who only liked boys iirc) which I couldn't manage because it was bloody heavy. I dropped it on my big toe and yelled out 'bloody hell'. The teacher went nuts and said I should run around the playground for punushment. I pointed to my foot - my white plimsoll was a bit pink. She back tracked sharpish.

I use this example to sympathise with your pain. :lol:

I broke the centre bone on my little finger.

Went to a and e, sat for four hours, saw the doc, who said he would set it.

What he did was bend the finger like a hook, but the centre was straight

Then had to go to physio, for two months worth of appts to sit with my hand in a warm water bath, trying to get it straight again.

Happy times

A few year ago I fell down the stairs and caught my foot on the spindles on the way down. When I got to the bottom my little toe was poking out at a perculiar angle. Thought it might have been dislocated so I hobbled round A&E to get it checked. Just broken so they put this little tube bandage on it to strap it to the next toe in. It still healed a bit twisted.

If you think it's broken you could tape it up just as well yourself, they told me there's not a lot they could do and just wanted to keep it straight.

Only go to a&e if the toe is sticking out at an odd angle. Otherwise just tape it to the next toe (buddy strapping) and get on with life.
I didn't know you were a qualified medical doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back