Briton jailed for smuggling in Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

As above it’s not heroin. It’s legal here for example.

I’m not saying she shouldn’t be punished at all, but it should be proportionate to the drug surely

Well, I can't agree with that either. She *most likely* knew what she was doing is illegal there. It's completely her own fault.

It's strange that some folk are so culturally indulged in UK law and customs that they see other countries laws as either antiquated or bizarre. It's not unreasonable that they view ours the same. Alcohol is a prime example.

Not a pop at you btw, just a generalisation.

At the end of the day she must have known taking them over was against the law but I doubt she would have any idea of the severity of the sentance she might get if caught

As above it’s not heroin. It’s legal here for example.

I’m not saying she shouldn’t be punished at all, but it should be proportionate to the drug surely
strictly controlled. Benny and Valium are legals here, plenty still made plenty selling them on in Durham outside Rixy`s of a friday night

At the end of the day she must have known taking them over was against the law but I doubt she would have any idea of the severity of the sentance she might get if caught

Dare I do this. Is it not similar to AJ googling 'what is the age of consent'?

You'd have to be extremely naive to not, as a minimum, look into the laws of you even suspect what you are doing is illegal. I also suggest the sentence is due to her playing the ignorance card and not pleading guilty.

Sorry matey I don`t buy that. This isnt the 60`s anymore where you basically had a telly and a local library with out of date info, anyone who can hoy a picture on facebook can research a countries up to date drug laws in the same amount of time

She may not have. Her husband may have said they were cheaper in the UK for example.

Some people would be too stupid to check
Aye true..Opiates in general are on prescription in most countries I would guess so if ya ain’t got a script they will be classed as illegal I would think

Sorry matey I don`t buy that. This isnt the 60`s anymore where you basically had a telly and a local library with out of date info, anyone who can hoy a picture on facebook can research a countries up to date drug laws in the same amount of time
She might just be thick as fuck :D

Just seen this on the news. Sounds like she should of asked the boyfriend

It's strange that some folk are so culturally indulged in UK law and customs that they see other countries laws as either antiquated or bizarre. It's not unreasonable that they view ours the same. Alcohol is a prime example.

Not a pop at you btw, just a generalisation.
100 per cent this.

Ruins lives yet it’s advertised on prime time telly using sexy actresses to flog shit American scotch etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back