British airways amex.

Are the merchant fees more? Didn’t know that mind.
Apparently so, and they say it takes them ages to get their money from them too. I've had a few occasions where there's been push back at places that initially seemingly accept Amex. I've got the Nectar Amex card, but liking the look at this BA one.

Ill easy earn 50,000 in yr 1. What flight value would that get u? Need to log in to check.

I put everything on mine and work expenses. If you can spend 10k in a year get the premium BA card and it's 2for1 on a avios you pay for flights

If you want a referral pm and you get a few extra miles as do I ;)

Pretty much. You get sign up bonus though. 25k for BA for certain spend, 20k for gold card, 10k for spg and can hold all at same time. Meet spending criteria get points then cancel cards and sign back up six months later and do the same.

Thank you

Ill easy earn 50,000 in yr 1. What flight value would that get u? Need to log in to check.
Dunno about BA mate but I’ve just used 60k miles for a return upper class flight to Dubai with virgin. Bought an economy ticket then used my miles to upgrade, which is the best way to use them with virgin since you still have to pay taxes etc with their ‘free’ flights. I think you can get a completely free flight with BA mind but don’t know for sure.

Just put all your day to day spending on you Amex and pay it off each month, you’ll have enough miles saved up in no time. Most places accept it now (except the co-op and the odd restaurant) but some schemes will give you a visa for the odd time you can’t use it.

Another decent thing is that you can convert your miles to hotel/Tesco/nectar points if you’ve got a bit saved and don’t fancy using them on flights.

Can someone give some real world examples of £'s to points? To get an idea of what you get and how.
To take advantage of it you really need to get cards on signup bonus, spend the required £2K in 3 months, then cancel and get again 6 months later. Get cards for the wile and kids if they are old enough, and you get referral bonus’ too
£10K spend for BA Amex withs signup bonus = 36K points. Gold Amex with £2K spend = 24K points, refer Wife, £2K spend = 3 3K points, refer other family member ( you use card) £2K spend = 33K points.

That’s 126K points for a £16k spend. This could get you 2 x Business or possibly 1st class tickets worth £6-8K for all your points + about £1,050 taxes.

I work away a lot so qualified for 2 x 241 BA tickets in 6 months, and about 250K points in a year using 6 Amex cards.

Flying 1st class on a A380 to Chicago and returning on a 787-9 from Newark in the Summer for about 135K points and £1055 tax. Actual ticket price would have been £6,600 for the two of us

To take advantage of it you really need to get cards on signup bonus, spend the required £2K in 3 months, then cancel and get again 6 months later. Get cards for the wile and kids if they are old enough, and you get referral bonus’ too
£10K spend for BA Amex withs signup bonus = 36K points. Gold Amex with £2K spend = 24K points, refer Wife, £2K spend = 3 3K points, refer other family member ( you use card) £2K spend = 33K points.

That’s 126K points for a £16k spend. This could get you 2 x Business or possibly 1st class tickets worth £6-8K for all your points + about £1,050 taxes.

I work away a lot so qualified for 2 x 241 BA tickets in 6 months, and about 250K points in a year using 6 Amex cards.

Flying 1st class on a A380 to Chicago and returning on a 787-9 from Newark in the Summer for about 135K points and £1055 tax. Actual ticket price would have been £6,600 for the two of us

Sounds ideal mate. Should have done this a long time ago! I’ll get onboard. Cheers.

Right, a year on Ive racked up 80,000 points. Then moved to a cashback card as flights may become a pain to arrange.

Basically though with companion voucher and just 30,000 avios cost to fly somewhere hot in Europe is only about £140 for the pair of us.

Main issue is shite flights from Manchester (weekend only to Alicante, Malaga, Ibiza, Mykonos n Nice) similar Edinburgh to just Florence n Palma.

Only till end of Sept too. So looking like via London, I`ll spend the rest of the avios on digs n stick to cashback.

To my mate its far handier as hes just near Heathrow, 3 of them get on long weekends 3 times a year with it!

Horses for courses I guess.

Right, a year on Ive racked up 80,000 points. Then moved to a cashback card as flights may become a pain to arrange.

Basically though with companion voucher and just 30,000 avios cost to fly somewhere hot in Europe is only about £140 for the pair of us.

Main issue is shite flights from Manchester (weekend only to Alicante, Malaga, Ibiza, Mykonos n Nice) similar Edinburgh to just Florence n Palma.

Only till end of Sept too. So looking like via London, I`ll spend the rest of the avios on digs n stick to cashback.

To my mate its far handier as hes just near Heathrow, 3 of them get on long weekends 3 times a year with it!

Horses for courses I guess.

Get a virgin Atlantic MasterCard. Accepted in much more places and you can loop funds to your bank account and back using Revolut. Totted up over 100k Miles in 3 months.

Back