British airways amex.

I've got my debit card linked to executive club so am I right in thinking even by just accessing the stores normally or physically being in the shop (without needing to go via the app) it applies the offer of points?

I'm not sure as I don't use the app but go through the online shop. The following link says you can do as you suggest but I've not done that. Although you don't get as many Avios as you do for shopping online.

I'm not sure as I don't use the app but go through the online shop. The following link says you can do as you suggest but I've not done that. Although you don't get as many Avios as you do for shopping online.

To be honest I just assumed (without reading small print as thought any little helps) that it added the same points offer if used physically in the shop as well.

I know it works to some degree as I was having a drink in the Botanist the other weekend and when I was using card to pay I was getting a notification every time of points being added.

--- Actually, as typing this I wanted to double check so have logged into account and was indeed given 10 Avios per pound (same as advertised on app) I spent with just using linked debit card

Is that essentially like quidco. You use that as the home page and then go via that before you purchase?

I keep forgetting that BA Shopping page exists but when I have used it I have fond that avios credit fairly quickly. My experience with Quidco is that purchases often fail to track, get declined for no reason and take months to pay out.

I keep forgetting that BA Shopping page exists but when I have used it I have fond that avios credit fairly quickly. My experience with Quidco is that purchases often fail to track, get declined for no reason and take months to pay out.

I used to book travel for work so going via quidco was a small money maker at times for me, but you're right, sometimes you need to appeal to get the cashback
I've got my debit card linked to executive club so am I right in thinking even by just accessing the stores normally or physically being in the shop (without needing to go via the app) it applies the offer of points?

what type of debit card can you link directly to BA Exec club as I'm thinking of moving banks atm?

what type of debit card can you link directly to BA Exec club as I'm thinking of moving banks atm?

Any as far as i'm aware mate. On the home screen of the app scroll down until you see 'Collect Avios instore' then click 'Manage Cards' too add it.

As a heads up you can add more than one too

Any as far as i'm aware mate. On the home screen of the app scroll down until you see 'Collect Avios instore' then click 'Manage Cards' too add it.

As a heads up you can add more than one too

does it have to be debit, or can I link my BA amex credit card to it?

does it have to be debit, or can I link my BA amex credit card to it?

Your BA Amex should already be associated with it as far as I'm aware (been that long since i set it up so can't remember sorry). This is an added bonus for everyday spending if using a debit card regularly.

Any debit or credit card. You just get more using a designated Avios card (Amex, Barclaycard and some others)

I'm still annoyed that Avios moved from Tesco to Sainsbury's. Mot of my shopping and petrol is Tesco and there isn't a Sainsbury anywhere near me.

5 year n 1 pandemic on used the bastards up! 😃

2 days golf, 1 baseball n plenty scran n beer around houston.

Business there 🥂 economy back! 😭

Any debit or credit card. You just get more using a designated Avios card (Amex, Barclaycard and some others)

I'm still annoyed that Avios moved from Tesco to Sainsbury's. Mot of my shopping and petrol is Tesco and there isn't a Sainsbury anywhere near me.

I moved 60,000 avios (the last of mine) to 80,000 Nectar point and have had a night in York in a good hotel so far , Still not 50-6,000 Nectar point s left so will do the same - google Nectar hotels

I moved 60,000 avios (the last of mine) to 80,000 Nectar point and have had a night in York in a good hotel so far , Still not 50-6,000 Nectar point s left so will do the same - google Nectar hotels

I've collected 200,000 avios over the years. The plan was to have a big trip with them when I stop working but I'm starting to think that I may as well just start using them as they are only going to devalue over time.

I've collected 200,000 avios over the years. The plan was to have a big trip with them when I stop working but I'm starting to think that I may as well just start using them as they are only going to devalue over time.

Buying extras at the minute is £81 per 5000 iirc.

Still far too many people refusing to take it.

Almost caused me a nightmare hiring a car the other night.
They told me they did accept Amex, then, in reality, they didnt.

I had a large amount like that at one time but stopped using BA maybe 15 years or more ago . Struggled to find return flights so drip feed myself cases or wine or beers and short breaks till I ended up with these 60K . The hotel options dwindled to almost nothing and informed that if I didnt use by Feb 2023 I would lose them so jumped to Nectar

I had a large amount like that at one time but stopped using BA maybe 15 years or more ago . Struggled to find return flights so drip feed myself cases or wine or beers and short breaks till I ended up with these 60K . The hotel options dwindled to almost nothing and informed that if I didnt use by Feb 2023 I would lose them so jumped to Nectar

I used to fly to Boston and New York a lot with work in a previous job. We were allowed to book Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) on BA and then you could upgrade to Club (Business) for around 12,000 avios each way which was excellent value as you would get most of the points back for the booking. Plus I would put all of my travel expenses onto my BA Amex card.

Back