British airways amex.

We put everything on our 123 card but now they’ve put a limit on the cash back I’ve been looking at where to move to.

Was looking at the Amex cash back which isn’t capped but was worried about people taking it. Sounds like most places do now?

Is the BA Avios one better than the standard cash back one then? Last time I had BA miles I could hardly spend them when I wanted.

Any other good cards out there?
They’ve had a real push lately to get more places to accept it in Europe.

We switched to them for our work cards and everyone kicked off saying not many places took it so they said report back every time you find someone that doesn’t. Mainly smaller and independent companies who don’t as the fees are higher.

They’ve had a real push lately to get more places to accept it in Europe.

We switched to them for our work cards and everyone kicked off saying not many places took it so they said report back every time you find someone that doesn’t. Mainly smaller and independent companies who don’t as the fees are higher.

And lidl. Bastards!

I switch around. The avios one is kindda balls now because there're airlines to most places cheaper than the taxes you pay on your free BA flights. I actually wound up using my avios on some massive hotel upgrades. I switched to nectar which worked great as I also use LNER a load and got lots of points on that (enough for a long weekend in paris on LNER+Eurostar in a year) but then they lost their deal with expedia so you couldnt get hotel deals with nectar points anymore. Now using one that stocks up amex own points which seem pretty good, will keep it until ive got the bonus points.

I switch around. The avios one is kindda balls now because there're airlines to most places cheaper than the taxes you pay on your free BA flights. I actually wound up using my avios on some massive hotel upgrades. I switched to nectar which worked great as I also use LNER a load and got lots of points on that (enough for a long weekend in paris on LNER+Eurostar in a year) but then they lost their deal with expedia so you couldnt get hotel deals with nectar points anymore. Now using one that stocks up amex own points which seem pretty good, will keep it until ive got the bonus points.

Paying with avios is only really worth it for business and first, as you say tax is same as other airlines for economy

Cant knock the cashback one like. Loads of work digs n a holiday went on it last month, £60 cashback!

Paying with avios is only really worth it for business and first, as you say tax is same as other airlines for economy

Think wel do first class somewhere just as a one off experience then sack it off. Companion vouchers the big pull i guess.

Cant knock the cashback one like. Loads of work digs n a holiday went on it last month, £60 cashback!

Think wel do first class somewhere just as a one off experience then sack it off. Companion vouchers the big pull i guess.

Finding availibilty for first on the dates you want is your next headache :lol:

Get released 355 days out and best to do then for popular routes

Plus they've clamped down on churning the cards

Finding availibilty for first on the dates you want is your next headache :lol:

Get released 355 days out and best to do then for popular routes

Plus they've clamped down on churning the cards

Prob have a bash tomorrow, got 13 month to use them so hopefully some fecking availability! :lol:

Add your credit card to Revolut and add funds from the card. The credit card company (not all!) treat it as a purchase. So you earn points etc... then you send the money back to your bank from Revolut and pay the balance on your CC.

Ah of course! I usually sling money into Revolut by doing a bank transfer, may as well earn some Nectar points on my Sainsbury’s credit card

I've been using the Platinum Cashback card for household spending over the last year, and anniversary of the card is this month. Just over £400 cashback in my statement this month. Spending between £1k-£2k ish per month with maybe a couple of big purchases in there.

Not complaining at all, but for a similar spend would it have been better to earn airmiles do you think?

I've been using the Platinum Cashback card for household spending over the last year, and anniversary of the card is this month. Just over £400 cashback in my statement this month. Spending between £1k-£2k ish per month with maybe a couple of big purchases in there.

Not complaining at all, but for a similar spend would it have been better to earn airmiles do you think?

Depends on how you value airmiles. If you were not planning on flying BA or another Avois partner then your better with the cash I suppose.

Back