British airways amex.

Yeah got up to gold in 2019 with travel and the credit card but don’t use them much now. I’m platinum with KLM though.
Had about 126k avios so the 4 of us are going to New York in April for 100 quid each.

It's been fairly easy to get to and retain Silver recently with the lower thresholds and double TP offer on BA holidays. Short haul plus destinations such as Turkey and Canaries which are 80 points each way in Club will give you 320 points. Thresholds are now back to normal but the holiday offer runs until the end of 2023.

Unless you are flying long haul regularly in business then Gold is very difficult.

What's the best ways of bumping the avios and BA points up nowadays.

I used to shop at tesco (still do from time to time) but they binned off the BA points a year or so ago
I've got the standard amex BA card which i easily hit for one flight a year.

I spend an awful lot through work expenses via personal credit card and wonder if there's more i could be doing to maximise my money to BA points

It's been fairly easy to get to and retain Silver recently with the lower thresholds and double TP offer on BA holidays. Short haul plus destinations such as Turkey and Canaries which are 80 points each way in Club will give you 320 points. Thresholds are now back to normal but the holiday offer runs until the end of 2023.

Unless you are flying long haul regularly in business then Gold is very difficult.
Found BA went a bit expensive just after the lockdowns ended and KLM were much cheaper plus there were more connections to AMS than LHR at the time but I think BA have increased theirs up to 3 or 4 per day again now

I used to shop at tesco (still do from time to time) but they binned off the BA points a year or so ago

I spend an awful lot through work expenses via personal credit card and wonder if there's more i could be doing to maximise my money to BA points
they've moved over to nectar now mate if you shop at Sainsbury's? other than that, it's best if you do any online shopping to always check the avios site first for bonus credits. I think you can also link any other cards you have to your avios account as well.

they've moved over to nectar now mate if you shop at Sainsbury's? other than that, it's best if you do any online shopping to always check the avios site first for bonus credits. I think you can also link any other cards you have to your avios account as well.

I'm not sure of my actual avios details, I think I signed up to their site years ago, but i'll need to investigate. I've got 100,000+ avios in my BA account but i'll need to look at my normal avios.

Found BA went a bit expensive just after the lockdowns ended and KLM were much cheaper plus there were more connections to AMS than LHR at the time but I think BA have increased theirs up to 3 or 4 per day again now

Certainly depends on where you live. KLM serves more regional airports in the UK than BA does so if you live outside of the South East then it is often cheaper and easier to fly via AMS.

I'm not sure of my actual avios details, I think I signed up to their site years ago, but i'll need to investigate. I've got 100,000+ avios in my BA account but i'll need to look at my normal avios.

Sorted and linked my nectar card to my BA account also. Any other things to boost points.

Pre-covid I travelled regularly with work and most of the time it was cheaper and easier to fly NCL-AMS- to somewhere else.

I’ve dumped them and got a card with other points. BA are such a shit storm at the moment that it makes me angry.

I’ve had 2 delays of over 24 hours in the last year, so I’m out

I have just moved 60000 avios points (I struggled to use and I will lose them in Feb) , to Nectar and got 80,000 Nectar point which will never runout of date

+44 207 949 3065

You would have only had to add 1 more avios to stop them expiring?

I know but I havent flown BA for a decade or so . They built up massively in the 2000s thru work and I chipped away booking hotels in UK etc but the shopping option have dwindled remarkably since Covid . Stayed at the Indigo in Newcastle previously but now the only hotel option for Newcastle is some basic place in East Boldon or somewhere . Plus the like of Chester and other major cities would cost all 60,000 point for a short break . Will use Nectar more

Sorted and linked my nectar card to my BA account also. Any other things to boost points.

Pre-covid I travelled regularly with work and most of the time it was cheaper and easier to fly NCL-AMS- to somewhere else.

Swap to Barclaycard for avios and you’ll be eligible for sign up bonus. They had 100,000 bonus avios before Christmas if you held the premier current account and their credit card for 4 months.

Get a Nectar (Sainsbury's Bank) Credit Card. You get 8,000 extra points when you spend £400 and 3 points per £2 spent in Sainsbury's. Also shop via the BA Executive Club. Prices are the same as elsewhere but they have bonus options on a lot of shops. I use it to book hotels through Booking.com and you can get 8 Avios per £1 spent at the moment. There's loads of stores too. https://www.shopping.ba.com/retailers

Back