British airways amex.

first up I'm hoping you used a referral from somebody?

Only advice I can give is get the app and look at the offers, some random ones pop up that get you decent points/cashback. If you do much online shopping then always check if the site gives extra if you use the amex app as well.
Good tip. If only I’d known 5 minutes ago 😂

what do you get with a referral code?

Good tip. If only I’d known 5 minutes ago 😂

what do you get with a referral code?
It all depends on the type of card, I have the free British airways and the premium one, on the free its 4k for me and 6k for a friend on the premium its 12 for me and 30k for any friend I refer, they have to spend a certain amount but even for the premium its only £3k.

So if I use your referral code for the Amex Gold that would work? DM me it and I’ll see if I can add it on
You need to sign up using it, also I don't have a gold card, you need to sign up for the same card as the other person.

Not the end of the world, there's a few websites which tell you how to perfectly use them but I just use mine for all business charges, it soon adds up.

I did that - it’s up to 4,000 points by mid June.

Bought a new car last night on my AMEX BA card - so with that offer I get around 25,000 points.

Should have a balance of over 100,000 now. And two companion vouchers to use.

Just need to be able to travel like.

Little bit of advice should you have the potential problem of the vouchers running out.

Make a booking with the Avios and Vouchers, but make sure it includes their change guarantee (forget its actual name). Means rather than cancel and get points etc refunded, you can cancel and hold your balance as a "credit" with them.
I''ve got flights this summer, with a voucher than runs out next February. If I cancelled then voucher would still be for February expiry which would make it difficult for us to book anything due to school holidays etc. However, Avios team told me that if I use the change guarantee instead then my Avios Points / Voucher are basically held for me as a "Credit" which I can use for any flights up until April 2023, so effectively extends my Avios vouchers!

Little bit of advice should you have the potential problem of the vouchers running out.

Make a booking with the Avios and Vouchers, but make sure it includes their change guarantee (forget its actual name). Means rather than cancel and get points etc refunded, you can cancel and hold your balance as a "credit" with them.
I''ve got flights this summer, with a voucher than runs out next February. If I cancelled then voucher would still be for February expiry which would make it difficult for us to book anything due to school holidays etc. However, Avios team told me that if I use the change guarantee instead then my Avios Points / Voucher are basically held for me as a "Credit" which I can use for any flights up until April 2023, so effectively extends my Avios vouchers!

Top advice.

Anybody worked their way up the tiers at BA before?

Just applied for Amex Gold. Any tips?

A few points from me mate.....

1) look out for offers via the Amex app
2) refer friends and family and get extra points
3) download the BA app and you can collect avios and Amex points on the same purchase
4) Forget your debit card and spend every penny possible on your card but always make sure you pay off the balance

I've got the platinum cashback one. Most supermarkets, chain petrol stations, high street stores etc., accept it. B&Q is the only chain I can think of who don't. I put most of my shopping on mine.

It depends in smaller and independent places as some do and some don't, but I have a Tesco Mastercard as back up as I collect points on that one too.
Buy B&Q gift cards from tesco with Amex. B&Q online take Amex.

Silver but back down now.
Ditto. I was 1 flight off going Gold one time but was really pissed off with travelling non stop so ended up falling back through silver, bronze and back to blue more or less in successive years. Can’t see the situation arising where I’ll get anywhere close to that again and frankly don’t give a shit.

Ditto. I was 1 flight off going Gold one time but was really pissed off with travelling non stop so ended up falling back through silver, bronze and back to blue more or less in successive years. Can’t see the situation arising where I’ll get anywhere close to that again and frankly don’t give a shit.

I hit silver after honeymoon and you could call it a fall from grace since! Currently blue.

Now accepted instore at B&Q. £5 cashback if you spend over £40
Is there any big stores that now don't accept it? Only one I forget about is KFC and that just annoys anyone sat behind me in the drive thru queue, not noticed anywhere else who doesnt accept it.

The shop small is back as well, spend £15 and get £5 back, anyone know if the shop pays this or if American Express cover?

When they did their 'Small Business Saturday" or whatever years ago, there was some bad press pointing out that small businesses were paying 7% - well over double the larger ones, this is why of course hardly anyone was taking it. A rep turned up here and offered 0.5% off the lowest rate we were paying on any card - so to this day we pay less on Amex than any other credit card. The bizarre thing is we've never found another small business with a similar deal including our neighbours. It's a puzzle to me.
Is there any big stores that now don't accept it? Only one I forget about is KFC and that just annoys anyone sat behind me in the drive thru queue, not noticed anywhere else who doesnt accept it.

The shop small is back as well, spend £15 and get £5 back, anyone know if the shop pays this or if American Express cover?

Amex pays it, our income, thankfully, is our income - it's an annual marketing exercise from them. We had Costco Amex which was great - rwards on both sides, but they fell out with them and it's gone now.

Last edited:
Been trying to ring/email/facebook these kernts 3 weeks to rearrange flights hit with covid.

Any advice on how to contact them?

Of all the companies shit after covid these are worst by a long way.

Ta.

Been trying to ring/email/facebook these kernts 3 weeks to rearrange flights hit with covid.

Ta.

Even if you're not silver look for the number and try that usually get through quicker.

Ta.
I’ve been trying to call them over the past couple of weeks as well but I had to stop before I flung my phone out of the window. There’s dozens of different numbers and each one will give you a “press 1 for this….”. Completely pointless cos whichever option you choose takes you a department which can’t help you and can’t transfer you to the place that can!!! :evil::evil:

Yeah got up to gold in 2019 with travel and the credit card but don’t use them much now. I’m platinum with KLM though.
Had about 126k avios so the 4 of us are going to New York in April for 100 quid each.

Back