Bristol Rovers away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

... 23rd February.

Let's pick a pub and swamp it.

Why not, let's go there and enjoy the day.

Get some bait organised, music and invite everyone including the owners.

Whatever else is happening we should just enjoy our passion ...
... otherwise what's the point.
Good shout, sadly won't be able to partake too heavily as have to drive as going via a cricket lesson for Jnr but other passengers can fill their boots....just need a venue

Last edited:
The pubs near the ground are mainly home fans I think (ill check with my Rovers mates) - its actually pretty crap for pubs around there, whereas the city centre and other areas are great

if you come off the Almondsbury junction of M5 then onto the A38 (Gloucester Road) south the Hungry House is just after the big Roundabout (Aztec West) then you wont find another pub on that main road almost till you get to the ground.

The Muller Road is longest road in Bristol with no Pub and the Filton Avenue has one pub which I wouldn't recommend unless you have a gum shield

This are the three main roads that you will come if from M32/M5/M4

If coming in on train in - nearest stop is Abbeywood and Id guess a 30 minute walk to the Ground - no pubs on route, but Lockleaze sports centre has a bar that you will be ok in as long as not rowdy - will be Rugby and local football players there

There's not a great option around there that I can think of as loads of pub have closed down
Is that big pub by the ground The Wellington?

That don’t really matter,
Coz I come down from Swindon Town
......and I can drive a trac’er.

Ohhhh arghhhhh.

Weston Super mud.

@Swindon Mackem
Weston Stupid Mare

... 23rd February.

Would be good, 4 of us driving down for the weekend

Having been to Bristol quite a few times, at various grounds, I can't say it's ever been a pleasure having a pint.

The area around the current ground is poor with 'home only' restrictions.

I just thought it would be good to find somewhere on a bus route, or whatever, and handy for people on the train.

That's the idea ....

... 23rd February.

Usually I just turn up for kick off as I'm with the boy, but he's nearly 15 and think he'd enjoy a pub with a bit of craic like.
I'm aiming to get there before 11 and get pissed with him watching me drink, so if there's a pub where SAFC fans are having a bit of a laugh that'll be better for us (him)!

Having been to Bristol quite a few times, at various grounds, I can't say it's ever been a pleasure having a pint.

The area around the current ground is poor with 'home only' restrictions.

I just thought it would be good to find somewhere on a bus route, or whatever, and handy for people on the train.

That's the idea ....

Done Bristol city a few times,locals were very hard to get along with on both occasions.
Somewhat angst.
Very decent bars mind.

Never had the fortune of a vist to Rovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back