Bristol Rovers away ...

Sounds like a great idea.

Maybe get some of our local-based fans to point out the best pubs and places to go.

I know Bristol is a brilliant city but I don’t know anything about the best pubs etc.

... 23rd February.

Let's pick a pub and swamp it.

Why not, let's go there and enjoy the day.

Get some bait organised, music and invite everyone including the owners.

Whatever else is happening we should just enjoy our passion ...
... otherwise what's the point.

“Where be that Blackbird I know where he be, he be up that Wurzul tree and I be after he. He see I, I see he, buggered if I can’t have he, with a gurt great stick I’ll knock him down Blackbird I’ll have he.”

West Country la la la, West Country la la la :eek::lol:

another one here down for the weekend, thursday - sunday, never been before, can't wait.

theres a pub called Small Bar in the centre that is ran by sunderland fan, don't know him, just have mates down there that told me to go there.

theres the Royal Oak, The Golden Lion and The Anchor all close by the ground, not sure if they are home fans only

Afternoon marra, improving I hope?

Christmas Steps is my favourite Brissell pub, but prob not appropriate for a MLF meet up
Moved on from the Zimmer to a stick . Need to get to grips with stairs now.

Christmas Steps is probably too small. Maybe the Corn Exchange (Spoons on Corn St) or The Old Fish Market on Baldwin St (Fullers plus guests) would suit better.

another one here down for the weekend, thursday - sunday, never been before, can't wait.

theres a pub called Small Bar in the centre that is ran by sunderland fan, don't know him, just have mates down there that told me to go there.

theres the Royal Oak, The Golden Lion and The Anchor all close by the ground, not sure if they are home fans only
Small Bar is small, sells beer in 2/3 pint measures, and is ferociously expensive. Hipster central

Last edited:
Moved on from the Zimmer to a stick . Need to get to grips with stairs now.

Christmas Steps is probably too small. Maybe the Corn Exchange (Spoons on Corn St) or The Old Fish Market on Baldwin St (Fullers plus guests) would suit better.

Small Bar is small, sells beer in 2/3 pint measures, and is ferociously expensive. Hipster central

Ah well, I might go there Friday

I will be in Small Bar before the semi final.

We went to the Merchants Arms for the Bristol City game last season, but it'd only take a coach load to 'swamp' that particular charming pub.

The pubs near the ground are mainly home fans I think (ill check with my Rovers mates) - its actually pretty crap for pubs around there, whereas the city centre and other areas are great

if you come off the Almondsbury junction of M5 then onto the A38 (Gloucester Road) south the Hungry House is just after the big Roundabout (Aztec West) then you wont find another pub on that main road almost till you get to the ground.

The Muller Road is longest road in Bristol with no Pub and the Filton Avenue has one pub which I wouldn't recommend unless you have a gum shield

This are the three main roads that you will come if from M32/M5/M4

If coming in on train in - nearest stop is Abbeywood and Id guess a 30 minute walk to the Ground - no pubs on route, but Lockleaze sports centre has a bar that you will be ok in as long as not rowdy - will be Rugby and local football players there

There's not a great option around there that I can think of as loads of pub have closed down

Last edited:

Back