Bristol City arena

pretty decent mate! Always puzzled me why one of the bristol clubs don’t get more with said catchment area

whats rovers attendances like
what you averaging atm

Maybe I'm rose tinted but I'd like to think, with a few years of success, we could be the powerhouse in the South West.

Rovers get 8k crowds, sometimes as low as 6k. They haven't sold out their 11k ground in years, literally.

Obviously, I'd say this, but they're proper tinpot. We're light years ahead of them. It's like Stoke vs Port Vale.

Logon or register to see this image

21,000, which is respectable for a 2 team City that's never had any sustained success throughout our history, in my opinion.

We have a huge catchment area though, our closest 'rivals' for potential fans being the Birmingham teams (100miles away) & the London teams (120-160miles away).

I used to live in Bristol and loved my time there - it's one of the best cities for drinking in the country - but it never felt like a hotbed of football. It has always been a rugby city at heart.

Bristol City's natural place in the grand scheme of things is probably mid-table Championship with Rovers bouncing between Leagues One and Two.

I used to live in Bristol and loved my time there - it's one of the best cities for drinking in the country - but it never felt like a hotbed of football. It has always been a rugby city at heart.

Bristol City's natural place in the grand scheme of things is probably mid-table Championship with Rovers bouncing between Leagues One and Two.
Embarassingly, we're more top end League one, lower end Championship.

Fortunately, it seems to be changing now, with our owner being a Bristol City fan, local self made Billionaire, who wants to build our club sustainably, similar to Burnley etc.

Nobody knows of Bristol because we haven't had a big football team or any massive bands from the area.

Last edited:

Fortunately, it seems to be changing now, with our owner being a Bristol City fan, local self made Billionaire, who wants to build our club sustainably, similar to Burnley etc.

Nobody knows of Bristol because we haven't had a big football team or any massive bands from the area.

The Wurzels do not like this!!! (Somerset I know)

Wondered what your views are on the new 'village' we are building.

As all clubs, we have some moaners that say it ruins the football experience.

We're basically the English Barcelona (but better), in that we own Football, Rugby, Basketball & Badminton teams, plus have a F1 driver.

Sporting empire or commercial bollocks?

Who is the F1 driver like?

Bristol is the biggest city in the country without an arena sized space for events. They spent years talking about one next to Temple Meads station but that finally collapsed. Latest I heard was a plan to covert the old Concorde aircraft hangers at Filton into a exhibition space and music venue.

Bristol, the graveyard of ambition. They were taking about an arena when I moved here in 1997. They're still talking.

Aren't Massive Attack from Bristol or a meringue?

Back