Bristol City arena

The worrying thing for the Gas is financial sustainability they have at least one player on £4.5k per week and not even making the first team week in and week out. The sheik doesn’t appear to have the money and if he does it’s not being invested into the club. Could be worrying times and I hope they get things sorted.
Every club has a few twats but in the main the Rovers fans I have met over the years have been sound.

Neither have yous your attendances for a city that size are shit
I've never said we have great attendance, I was just asked what there's were like in comparison to ours, and it's woeful.
The worrying thing for the Gas is financial sustainability they have at least one player on £4.5k per week and not even making the first team week in and week out. The sheik doesn’t appear to have the money and if he does it’s not being invested into the club. Could be worrying times and I hope they get things sorted.
Every club has a few twats but in the main the Rovers fans I have met over the years have been sound.
It seems they have absolutely no idea how to run a football club, which I love. Their net worth is only something like 80m? Which for a football club, is nothing.

They were sold a dud, they thought they were getting a brand new stadium for free at UWE & could make a quick quid.

I agree that every club does have a few fans that are bad, and in the main, we are all football fans that love our club. I'm sure they bad ones are probably highlighted to me as I'm a City fan, and there's no denying as much as I want to be impartial there will still be a bias with me. However, I'm nearly certain the Gas has many more deluded fans than other clubs I've come across.

Last edited:
I've never said we have great attendance, I was just asked what there's were like in comparison to ours, and it's woeful.

Clubs like you and Reading have benefitted from mass financial investment on and off the field. Your attendances were nothing special going back to late 70’s and 80’s. Used to go to our mutual derby games at a Trashton with low crowds.
Nice part of the World though.

I don’t get your point .

it’s like pointing and laughing at someone who’s wearing glasses .
When your wearing a pair yourself

We get triple their attendances, we're hardly in the same boat.

If you can't laugh at your rival when you're doing well & they're doing poorly then what's the point?

Lighten up
Clubs like you and Reading have benefitted from mass financial investment on and off the field. Your attendances were nothing special going back to late 70’s and 80’s. Used to go to our mutual derby games at a Trashton with low crowds.
Nice part of the World though.
We're not known for high attendance, but we've always been better than them.

There's only been about 9? seasons (in the 50s) in our history they've had higher attendances.

Last edited:

It seems they have absolutely no idea how to run a football club, which I love. Their net worth is only something like 80m? Which for a football club, is nothing.

They were sold a dud, they thought they were getting a brand new stadium for free at UWE & could make a quick quid.

I agree that every club does have a few fans that are bad, and in the main, we are all football fans that love our club. I'm sure they bad ones are probably highlighted to me as I'm a City fan, and there's no denying as much as I want to be impartial there will still be a bias with me. However, I'm nearly certain the Gas has many more deluded fans than other clubs I've come across.

Net worth 80m?
Wow that is massive compared to ours however we are months away from owning our own ground which will be a big event in our rollercoaster history.
Every Rovers fan I have met appear to be grounded and very similar to our lot.

If you can't laugh at your rival when you're doing well & they're doing poorly then what's the point?

Lighten up

There's only been about 9? seasons (in the 50s) in our history they've had higher attendances.

Like us and Oxford.

Net worth 80m?
Wow that is massive compared to ours however we are months away from owning our own ground which will be a big event in our rollercoaster history.
That's for their entire family, who are heavily involved in a failing bank.

Teams like Derby can invest that in one payment, I don't' agree with the money being thrown around in football but objectively they can't compete.
Net worth 80m?

Like us and Oxford.

One small glimpse at their delusion, the second they thought they had money hundreds shown their true colours.

Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited:

Lighten up

How many do you think they would get in , if , they where on the cusp of the premier league and had a larger ground ?

Opposite side of the ground, we want to buy some of the land around that side but several generations of homeowners don't want to sell up. Everyone has their price though.

Very old photo but..
Logon or register to see this image

I would be very sad if Nelson Mandela House was to go and the garages. It is an iconic part of BBC comedy history. The moment the watch was found in the garage that gave the Trotters the fortune. The episode in which Del Boy, Rodney and Uncle Albert took those sex dolls to the car in their mum's clothing.

Back