Bristol City arena

Bristol, the graveyard of ambition. They were taking about an arena when I moved here in 1997. They're still talking.

Remember the plans for the Bristol Supertram?

There are lots of things I loved about Bristol but public transport and the traffic congestion were some of the worst things. I used to live in Redland and work in the city centre near the hospital. I was usually quicker for me to walk into town than get a bus.

Remember the plans for the Bristol Supertram?

There are lots of things I loved about Bristol but public transport and the traffic congestion were some of the worst things. I used to live in Redland and work in the city centre near the hospital. I was usually quicker for me to walk into town than get a bus.

Depending on where in Redland that will always be quicker, particularly if you're towards Cotham/Kingsdown.

he guy on the bicycle looked reallyhappy about his surroundings though. Looks impressive.
Wondered what your views are on the new 'village' we are building.

As all clubs, we have some moaners that say it ruins the football experience.

We're basically the English Barcelona (but better), in that we own Football, Rugby, Basketball & Badminton teams, plus have a F1 driver.

Sporting empire or commercial bollocks?

ive done buisness with your owner in the past..surprised it isnt called alsnwdown arena yet!

"The English Barcelona" 🤣 🤣 🤣 FFS -I've heard it all.

What they going to put in the museum? Can anyone even name an old Bristol player? How about the matchball from when the cheating bas#%!s played Coventry?

My apologies - You are without doubt the English Barcelona. Your performance at the Ash Camp last Friday has attracted views worldwide. Weiman is going to be the new Messi. I have no doubt that your museum will be packed with lots of medals, trophies and other memorabilia.

All hail Bristolona!

Ignore him, he’s our resident nuisance.
I love the idea, I just hope it doesn't turn into a folly.

Pardon me for having an opinion.

And where is the money coming from to fund all of this? And who might the beneficiaries be? How many bang average Championship clubs can afford such a venture?

I'd hazzard a guess that Bristol's owner will be funding it through Ashton Gate Ltd and the beneficiary somewhere along the line will be bristol. Hey presto!! A way to circumvent FFP.

Pardon me for having an opinion.

And where is the money coming from to fund all of this? And who might the beneficiaries be? How many bang average Championship clubs can afford such a venture?

I'd hazzard a guess that Bristol's owner will be funding it through Ashton Gate Ltd and the beneficiary somewhere along the line will be bristol. Hey presto!! A way to circumvent FFP.
Almost all clubs in football have their stadium as a seperate company. Simple business security practice.

We aren't trying to get around FFP. Our owner has said hundreds of times how we aim to be self sufficient.

Lansdown is funding it, its an investment. Bang average Championship club maybe, but the only club to improve their league position the past 5 years in a row. I trust our owner.

My apologies - You are without doubt the English Barcelona. Your performance at the Ash Camp last Friday has attracted views worldwide. Weiman is going to be the new Messi. I have no doubt that your museum will be packed with lots of medals, trophies and other memorabilia.

All hail Bristolona!
There’s a reason everyone on here thinks you’re a bellend whilst posters like Bristol aren’t. You might work it out one day.

Sporting club of Newcastle tried that years ago with the fantastic Hall family. They bought ice-hockey clubs, rugby clubs, basketball ( I think but could be wrong on that). It all folded and the clubs went out of existence. Now look at the Barcelona f the North - a stadium that is falling apart, terrible training facilities an owner that the fans hate, and Mrs Doubtfire as manager. 500000 just watching the washing on the line, 65000000 on the season ticket waiting list. Oh and a glorious tradition of a great No 9 -that no other club has or understands.
Don't start me on that, i'll be here all night. :evil:

Last edited:
There’s a reason everyone on here thinks you’re a bellend whilst posters like Bristol aren’t. You might work it out one day.

Not everyone does - Most admittedly but not all. At least I don't resort to name calling and insults though. People on here seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to slag Villa fans off yet when they get a bit back, all hell breaks loose and then they resort to name calling - Just like you did Mr ir35.

Back